Through my Fingers

We are finally leaving going to Night, in downtown. The time we arrive it's about 7. We sit down outside and I read Jenn through my glasses. I don't know what she's feeling right now, it looks like something is on her mind. "Are you okay?" I ask her.

She looks up from her menu. She pauses for a second just looking at me. "Andrea I have to ask you something, if the answers no I totally get it. It's been on my mind all day ever since this morning. Well for a few years now. Do-" she stops mid in her words.

"Shit" she's looking past me at something. I turn my head and see the snake. Alyx accompanied by her friend Daniel. She's obviously already spotted us and is approaching me and Jenn. I look back at Jenn as she is frozen. It's too late for us to get up and leave, "Jenn I'm right here okay" I reassure her. Damn. I wish I knew what she was about to say.

"Jenn!" She yells above me and I put my head down. "Oh I'm sorry for crashing this, but we really need to talk." She's obviously not sorry but I decide to stay out of it. "You haven't answered any of my texts or calls. Just please, can we talk? I'm so sorry for everything. Please let me make it up to you. Please, take me back. I'll take you out tonight and prove to you how sorry I am." I look at Jenn and she looks like she's on the verge of breaking. "Fine." She agrees.

I feel my heart break. A knot in my throat tightens. She's was right in my hand. My world has once again fallen apart. I was so close to making her mine. I'm mentally cursing myself for ever thinking i could've had the guts tonight to tell her how I feel about her.

"Well this was fun, goodnight Andrea" Jenn says walking away from me. How could this be fun? After Alyx said those things Jenns mind was somewhere else and mine was blank. Hardly any conversation besides about the food. Maybe I should've stepped up and said something to Alyx. Too late for that because Jenns leaving in a car with her.

To say the least, I'm sad. Once I slide in to the seat of my car, I punch the steering wheel. Tears are streaming down my face, ruining my half good makeup. I get its just one night, but she was right there. I'll never know the words she was about to ask.