Waiting For You

When the knock reaches our ears, I feel Jenn twitch. I gently lift her body from me and go to the door. When I open, I'm not surprised to see Alyx in front of me. "What do you want?" I spit. "Please just let me see her, I really need to talk to her"

          Looking at her face, her nose has a wrapping over it. I'm assuming I broke it, but she deserved it. "I don't think she wants to see you right now" I look back to the couch and Jenn is slouching in her seat. "Please." She pleads on and I begin to get annoyed. I tell her one final time no.

         Finally she accepts it and walks away. Not before screaming behind my shoulder, an apology to Jenn. I slam the door and walk back over to the couch. Jenns eyes are puffy, her mascara has ran and her nose is a little runny. Through all of this, she still looks breathtaking, absolutely beautiful.

             I sit back down, and Jenn crawls over to me. It had gotten pretty late. We were now watching Pretty Little Liars. I grow tired and my eyes begin to droop. "Jenn, I'm going to bed, do you want me to take you to your room?" I ask her. She looks up at me."No, please can we just stay here." I give in to her. Her small voice is so delicate, like it could break. I lift my feet from the carpeted ground to the soft leg rest.

               "This might be way out of line but I have to know" as we sit in the pitch black living room, my mind begins to wonder. "She was only kissing someone else. It could've been worse." I say in a soft voice. She slightly adjusts her position. "It was more than that. A few weeks back she began to act really weird. She would take phone calls and walk away to answer them. She would get texts and made sure I didn't see them. She would cancel some of our dates and stay out until late. She would tell me work would get in the way but, there was a truth that I didn't want to find out. So I went with it"

                Well damn. Now I understand why she's so upset. I squeeze her lightly and try to comfort her. "I'd never hurt you like that." I say trying to sound nice, but maybe coming off in the wrong way. "Whenever me and Kian broke up, life seemed to stop." I begin to tell her. "He was my first love, my everything at the time. Everywhere I looked, everything reminded me of him. It absolutely sucked. I probably coped the wrong way.

                Getting drunk and hooking up with people. In the end all that helped was time. I had to learn to look at life the way I did before he was in my life. It was hard at first, I'll admit. But as time went on the pain got less until almost disappearing. I still think about him from time to time, but not like I did. I could never see myself with him again. I could only see myself wi-" I cut myself off. I hear a light snore coming from the person laying on my lap.