Nightmares

6:00AM. We are finally out. We call an uber home because the girls are probably sleeping which is all we want right now. I walk out of the hospital with a limp and a sling around my arm.

"Hell of a night it looks like?" The uber man says to us we just laugh a little and agree. We get home and I want to sleep so bad. Arden and Lauren are asleep on the couch, looking like they couldn't even make it to the bed.

I look at Jenn and Jenn looks back at me. "Well tonight was crazy. I feel so bad I got you hurt." Jenn says. By now my arm is radiating with pain. "It's okay really but you owe me, how about a stay in tomorrow? I know I'm going to be bored and in pain so. Why not have someone to complain to." "Deal" she smiles.

"Now sleep?" "Sleep" we go to our rooms and say goodnight to each other. The hallway is dimly lighting my room. As soon as I get in bed, I'm out.

"BARK BARK" the drool is dripping onto my face as I am pinned under the body of a Rottweiler. Blood has stained its teeth. The paws of the wild beast are pressed down on my shoulders for no escape. My hands are growing weak from holding the dogs chest away from my face. They give under the weight of the dog and going straight for my face. A chunk of my face will be missing in a matter of seconds.

I wake up gasping for air. My body is frigid. The pain on my shoulder has become tremendous when I realize through my nightmares, I rolled onto it. Blood is seeping through the bandages.

I lift the shirt sleeve up and I scream a little, frightened by the blood. Suddenly, Jenn rushes in. "Holy shit are you okay?" She runs over to my bed side and examines the wound. "Yeah I just rolled over it in my sleep" she turns on my lamp to get a better view.

The blood isn't too bad from what we can see. I watch as she examines it through her glasses. "I'll be right back" she gets up and leaves. She comes back in with new bandages and wet paper towels.

"Take your shirt off, well my shirt. It's hard to take off the bandage with it kind of hidden." I begin to take off her shirt and I hear Jenn clear her throat. Although I wish the situation was different, at least she's here.

She sits down on my bed next to me prepping the bandages. "It's fine, I've watched enough greys Anatomy to know what I'm doing" she chuckles. Assuming she read my unsure face.

I take off the bandage and put it in the grocery bag she brought in. The wound isn't bad just partial bleeding. "May I?" She asks holding up the wet paper towel. I let her.

After cleaning it up and putting on a fresh bandage, she's about to leave. "Jenn?" I ask in kind of a rushed voice. She pauses in her tracks and turns on her heels to meet my eyes. "Yeah?" "Could you stay with me please? I don't wanna be alone. Plus you could stop me from rolling on my shoulder." I ask and I feel like I'm pushing it.

She looks at me and smiles. "Of course."