43: Birthday Date!

Shayaan's POV:-

"Finally the university is over! Now I can rest in peace!" I said to Salman and plopped down on the sofa feeling exhausted.

The last day was fun as everyone chatted and shared hugs before they part for a month. Even Sir Jacob was quite happy with the annual GPA! My bookworm as expected topped the list after her was James. Whereas just because of Haniya's efforts I too did a pretty good job.

"Ready to give her the surprise?" Salman turned towards me with a smirk.

"Sort of! Just a little nervous" I smiled and he raised his eyebrow.

"Its normal for a 19 year old who is taking his girlfriend on a birthday date for the first time!" He assured with a teasing look.

"Just don't get carried away though!" He pointed his finger at me and I laughed.

"Salman!!! I'm a grown up" I whinced and he chuckled.

"But you will always be my little devil!" He made a kissy face.

"Stop pouting bro! I'm taken!" I raised my hands in the air with a horrified expression and he laughed.

Just then Rameen came out of the kitchen holding yummy muffins in her hands.

"Ummm! Rameen you are a pro!" I said eating the muffin.

"Thanks boy!" She smiled and sat with Salman on the other sofa. He wrapped his arm around her waist pulling her closer and she gasped hitting his arm. He leaned closer and pecked her cheek lovingly making her blush!

"Bro! I'm still here! Now who is getting carried away?" I said with a grin and he rolled his eyes while Rameen giggled.

"Day after tomorrow we will head back to LA! Mom and Dad are eager to meet you after a long time which felt like ages" Salman said.

"Ahhh man! I miss them like anything" I sighed letting out a huff of breath.

"We will take Haniya with us too and then I and her will go to Pakistan to meet our parents!" Rameen smiled and I nodded.

"For how long?" Salman frowned looking at his wife.

"For two weeks maybe?" She replied.

"Why can't you have a little mercy on your poor husband? How will I survive without you?" He made a sad face and Rameen kissed him on the cheek.

"Stop being cheesy and help me wash the dishes!" She got up with Salman following her in the kitchen.

"I know you guys will not be probably washing dishes over there!" I yelled with a smirk and Salman's head spun in my direction as he glared at me while my dear sister in law turned a little crimson in face.

"Jealous much?" He fired back and I facepalmed.

"Mean much?" I narrowed my eyes at him as now he stood at the door of the kitchen.

"Salman!" Rameen shouted from inside the kitchen and he went inside straight away.

I went upto my room and fell on my comfy bed with a crash as I took my cell phone in my hand and rested my head on the bed rest. I stared at the beautiful girl on my lock screen.
I traced my fingers through the screen and my heart rate tuged my lips into a huge smile.

Opening my whatsapp I texted Haniya!

Me :- Be ready at 7 babe! I'll pick you up! ;)

Instantly her reply came.

Bookworm :- :D I'll be ready at 7 :) Can't wait to see what you have got in package for me ;)

Me :- Trust me! You will love it :) ❤