we belong

imagine Derek Theler from Baby Daddy as Danny, Lucas' big brother

-riley-

Tonight was the night Lucas was taking me home to have dinner with his family. We've been together for a couple of months now and I've only met his mom, who is the nicest lady on the planet, and his little sister, Lizzie, who is the cutest 4 year old I have ever seen.

Lucas tells me that this dinner was planned by his mom so the whole family could meet me. His dad is actually not busy with work this time, and his older brother, Danny, is coming home from training.

It's a little nerve-wracking having a sit-down dinner with the Friars because I don't know if they'll even like me or not. I voice this to Lucas and he gives me a look.

"Riley, they'll love you. Not only because I love you and they're my family. But because you're too great not to love. There's nothing to worry about." He says before he pulls me by my waist and kisses me on the forehead.

For the rest of the day, my nerves settled. It wasn't until we got to Lucas' door that they came back a little stronger than before.

I gripped Lucas' hand tight before he opened his door and he looks at me immediately. I look up at him with worry in my eyes and he just takes the back of my hand to his lips and kisses it. "You'll be fine, sunshine." He uses one of the ten nicknames he has thought of for me and I start breathing normally again. Lucas Friar knows the way to my heart.

We got inside and his mom, dad, and sister were all watching TV. Lizzie sees us and immediately runs towards me. "Wiwey!! You're here!" She says as I caught her in my arms.

"Hey Lizard!" I greet her with a poke on her side.

"No hi for me, Liz?" Lucas asks with his arms spread out and Lizzie just sticks her tongue out at him. Lucas gives me a heartbroken look and a pout.

"If you get Auggie, I get Lizzie." I tell him and he sits on the couch beside his parents.

"Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Friar." I smile and Mrs. Friar gives me a hug.

"Nice to finally meet the girl who changed Lucas' mind about New York. I've only heard good things, Riley." Lucas' father stands up and shakes my hand.

"Nice to meet you too, Mr. Friar." I smile and shake his hand.

"Come on, Wiwey. Let's play with Spidowman!" Lizzie pulls me towards her toy chest and pulls out all the toys she could find.

"Where's Danny?" I hear Lucas ask his parents.

"He's coming. You know him. Always running late." His mom answers.

"I'm home!" A tall, older looking version of Lucas opens the door with a bag in his hand.

"Danny!" Lucas gets up excitedly and hugs his brother.

"Dandan!" Lizzie stops playing with her toys and runs to her brother. He takes her on his shoulders and goes to greet his parents.

I get up to say hello.

"And you must be the famous other Riley. I'm Danny, Lucas' way older brother." He messes up Lucas' hair while I give Lucas a look of confusion to the term "other Riley" and he realizes.

"Oh! Danny's girlfriend's name is also Riley. Now she's Riley one."

"Ohh! Well," I turn my attention back to older Lucas, "it's so great to meet you, I'm Riley two." I smile and shake his hand.

"You know, my little bro here has talked about you since we moved to New York," he put his arm around Lucas. "Hasn't stopped since. I'm surprised he hasn't run away and married you yet." Lucas elbows him in the gut, which in return gets him a noogie. I giggle and I feel my cheeks get warm.

"Riley, don't listen to him. I only talk about you sometimes." He goes behind me and hugs me.

"And he texts me about you too. And emails, tons of 'em." Danny adds.

"Wow, Lucas. I knew you liked me but I didn't know you were obsessed with me." I joke.

"Yes, you did. That's why you're with me." He kisses me on the cheek.

"Come on, kids. Let's eat." Lucas' mom calls from the dining room.

Danny takes Lizzie off of his shoulders and sits her beside him on the table.

"See, I have more things to worry about than you. They have a lot more embarrassing stories of me." Lucas takes my hand as we walk towards the dining room.

"Well, I can't wait to hear all of them." I grin at him as he pulls out a chair for me to sit in before he sits beside me.

"So Riley, is my brother getting into trouble in your school?" Danny says across from me with food in his mouth.

"Not that I know of." I answer and look over at Lucas.

"No trouble yet. Only because of this girl." Lucas answers and I see Danny roll his eyes.

"How's Riley one?" Lucas asks.

"She's good. Still too smart for me." Danny says, "She's a lawyer, you know." He tells me.

"My mom's a lawyer too!" I contribute.

"Nice! She's too smart for you too, Luke." Danny jokes and Lucas throws a pea at him. Mrs. Friar gives them both a look of disapproval.

"So, Riley. How is Lucas treating you?" Mr. Friar asks.

"He's a perfect gentleman, always." I respond and smile at Lucas. He grins proudly.

"Good. We don't expect anything less." His father smiles. "He can't be like his brother here." He jokes.

"Hey!" Danny protests. "Just to let you know I've been with Riley one for years now."

"Honey, you live with her and she always complains about your filth." His mom says.

"I clean up most of the time!" Danny reasons.

"Sure you do, Dan. I've shared a room with you before." Lucas adds, "I cleaned up after you 99% of the time."

"Not true, little bro! I washed my own laundry!"

"Because you ran out of clothes!"

"Well, at least mom didn't make me wear girl clothes when I was a kid." He defended. "Don't worry, Riley. I'll show you his photo album later." He told me.

"No, you won't!"

"I know where mom hides it."

"You told him?" Lucas looks at his mother in shock.

"He found it!" She responded.

"I think I'd really like to see that." I laughed.

"No, you don't."

"You in little dresses? Of course I would." I smirked.

"There's also a full album of him when he was still training for Judy the sheep." Danny adds and I open my mouth in shock to Lucas.

"I love that one!" Lizzie chimes in.

Lucas' head lowers in shame and I rub his back and giggle.

More Lucas stories get told during the night and I felt like I belonged in his home. I am now Riley two in the Friar household.

It was also comforting to know that my boyfriend wasn't always such a handsome, perfect, freak.