i promise you (1)

-lucas-

"Lucas, hi. Riley's not home. She's out with Maya. Did she not tell you?" Mrs. Matthews opened the door for me.

"Yes, I know Mrs. Matthews. I came here to talk to you and Mr. Matthews."

"Oh okay. Alright, come in, honey." She opens the door wider and lets me in, "Cory! Lucas is here."

Mr. Matthews walks out slowly, with uncertainty.

"Why do I need to know that Lucas is here?" He asks her. "Hi, Lucas."

He waves at me.

"He said he needs to talk to us."

"Mr. and Mrs. Matthews, I have something to ask you."

They both sat on their dining table bench and I stood up. My hands were sweating and I paced a little bit while they stared at me with a questioning look.

"Would I be able to get your permission to marry your daughter?"

"What?!" Mr. Matthews stands up in shock.

"Cory, calm down." His wife holds his hands and pulls him down to sit.

"Lucas, I like you. You know that. But you two are only 21 years old. She also still has a long way to go with school and so do you. Why do you want to get married now?" He asks. I sit myself down to the chair across from them and lean forward with my hands on my lap, still sweating. This wasn't as easy as I thought it would be.

"For exactly those reasons, sir. Riley wants to go on with school to be a therapist and I'm a year away to going to med school to be a veterinarian. We'll be away from each other and I like knowing that she'll be my wife when that happens."

"What if you both change your minds? You know you both have a lot of years ahead of you." Mrs. Matthews added

"I don't think that'll happen, ma'am. I mean, look at you two. You've been together awhile and also got married when you were young. Riley told me your story and how you two stayed strong through it all. I believe that Riley and I have been through a lot. We have tried being apart and ended up finding each other again. We love each other. I love her and I know that I want to be with her forever."

"Are you 100% sure about this? You know when you marry her, you'll marry all of us." Mr. Matthews jokes.

"I know, sir." I laugh. "I'm sure. We may not be blood related but you've all been my second family. It would be an honour to be officially part of the family."

"Honey, you've always been part of the family." Mrs. Matthews says.

"Yes, and you've always had our blessing." Mr. Matthews adds.

"Really?" I asked, surprised and they both nod.

"There's no one we'd want our daughter to be with more than you." Mr. Matthews says.

I smile at them and stand up to hug them.

"Thank you so much."

"Welcome to the family." Mrs. Matthews says before the door opens.

"I'm hom- hey Lucas, what are you doing here?" Riley says.

------
sorry I took awhile to write this. Super busy with work and work lol

There will probably be another part to this but I probably won't write it until a lot later bc you guys gave me a lot of prompts.

Thank you so much for reading!

@perfectperrrie I hope you like it!