good to you

-lucas-

"I just don't understand why you would do something like that!"

"Riley, I've explained this to you a million times. He was talking shit about you and I can't condone that."

"Lucas, he's a teacher. You could've been in serious trouble."

"What he said wasn't okay."

"Lucas, it doesn't matter. I'm not worth going to jail for. Don't do that again, please." She begged.

"Riley-"

"Lucas, please." She cried.

I went up to her and wiped her tears.

"Alright, okay. Riley, I'm sorry. Please stop crying."

"I just don't get why you would risk that. I could've lost you."

"You'll never lose me, Riley. I'll always be here, okay?" She nodded and she put her head on my shoulder and held my hand.

«yesterday»

"I'll talk to you tonight, then?"

"Yup."

"Okay, take care driving home. No texting okay?"

"Yes, ma'am." I pulled her into me and pecked her lips.

"I love you, subway boy." She giggled.

"Likewise, city girl."

She walked out and I head towards my chemistry class to ask for homework help.

"The kid is stupid. I don't know how she's the Matthews' kid. Her father was never that stupid." One teacher was saying and the other just shook his head.

"Honestly, I don't know how an idiot girl like that could get the marks she has. Probably calls her daddy to-" I couldn't take it anymore. I came up to him and punched him in the face.

"Lucas!" My chemistry teacher, Miss Rane came out of the classroom as it happened.

The teacher I punched -that I didn't know the name of- was clutching his nose.

I saw Mr. Matthews at the corner and he rushed beside me.

"Lucas, what the hell?"

"He was shit talking your daughter, sir." He glared at the teachers that were talking.

"I hope you're keeping things professional, Mr. Wilson. I know you don't necessarily prefer my company, but don't you dare take it on my daughter, or you're dealing with way more people than a teenage boy." He bumps into the other teacher and takes my arm and led me out of the school.

"Lucas, I know you mean well, but if I didn't see what you did, you could have gotten into serious trouble."

"You didn't hear what he was saying, Mr. Matthews. I couldn't let anyone say that about Riley. Even if he is a teacher."

"I'll talk to Mr. Lane. Mr. Wilson will get what he deserves. But this is not gonna get to Riley, all right?"

"Mr. Matthews, will I be okay?"

"You'll be okay, I'll make sure of it, Lucas. Thank you, but let me handle it next time, all right?" I nodded and he patted my back. I slowly walked to my car with unanswered chemistry questions and a bruised knuckle.

-riley-

"Lucas did what?!"

"Topanga, shhh." My dad said loudly. "Look, he was defending Riley. Good thing I was there or else that bas-"