stay up with me

-lucas-

"You." Mr. Matthews says as he opens the door to his home.

"I brought food, sir." I showed him the bag that I carried full of Chinese food that was getting quite heavy.

"Come on in," He smiled.

"You and Riley have a lot of work to do?" He asks as he opens the bag full of food.

"Yes sir, we haven't even started."

"Alright, well, you'll probably need a lot of time alone, so I'll allow you to work in her room. But no funny business, Mr. Friar."

"Would never think of it, sir."

Mr. Matthews sets the table for his wife, Auggie, Riley, and me. Once he opens all the containers of food, all three of them came out of hiding.

Riley comes out in her pjs with her hair wrapped up in a towel. She stops in her tracks as she sees me in her living room.

"Lucas, I didn't know you were already here."

"Yeah, you just get out of the shower?" I smirked at her. She realizes, and she takes the towel off her head and runs off.

"Lucas, I'm liking you even more, honey." Mrs. Matthews says as she sits at the table and looks at the food.

"Lucas, my man, me too. No mushrooms in this one?" Auggie asks with a mouthful of noodles.

"None, Augs." I answered with the nickname I gave him since he was five, and he smiled at me with food in his teeth.

Riley comes back with her wet hair on her shoulders and sits at the table.

"Come eat with us Lucas, or there will no longer be any food for you." Mr. Matthews invites me to sit beside Riley.

-riley-

After dinner, I lead Lucas into my bedroom to work on our project. We sit on the floor at the end of my bed and I lay out all our supplies.

"You're always making an impression on my family." I tell him.

"Good or bad?"

"Pretty good. You remembered what food to get them this time."

"Hey, I didn't know Auggie had an allergy to mushrooms that time."

"By allergy, do you mean, huge hatred? Because that's what it is." I laugh, remembering how Auggie almost threw up, trying to eat one of the meals Lucas' mom cooked up for my family. He kind of chuckled along with me.

"I'm surprised your dad let me in the door this time."

"Me too. It's probably because you distracted him with a bag of food."

"His favourites. You see, I do listen to you sometimes." He elbows me a bit.

"Yeah, sometimes." I scoff and roll my eyes.

"You make me sound like I'm a terrible guy."

"Because you are... sometimes." I smirked and leaned on him.

"Psh. Whatever. Let's start." It was his turn to roll his eyes, but he still let me lean on him.

I brought out my laptop and started researching our topic. He brought his notebook and laptop out as well. He started cutting out some of the information we've already had and he started gluing it onto the board in front of us.

-lucas-

«3 am»

Riley and I finally finished our project and Riley is a little bit woozy from exhaustion. She doesn't usually sleep past 10 pm.

"Just sleep over, Lucas. It's already really late." Mrs. Matthews said when she came in to check up on us.

"Alright, I'll text my momma. Thank you, Mrs. Matthews."

"No problem, honey. Goodnight." She said as she handed me some blankets and pillows to sleep on and left.

"Lucas, I think it's sooo cute you call your mom, momma." Riley says sleepily on the floor.

"Really?" I laughed a little bit at her, knowing she's exhausted.

"Yeah and you're already cute as it is, and I'm like in love with you." I looked at her, slowly falling asleep on the floor.

"You're in love with me? You mean that?"

"Basically, yeah." She said, closing her eyes. I smiled at her.

"Let's put you on your bed, alright?"

I carried her onto her bed and tucked her in.

"Are you an angel?" She asked sleepily.

"No, but you are." I kissed her forehead and she smiled.

"Goodnight, Lucas." She whispered.

"Good morning, Riley."

rucas au'sजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें