dance with me (2)

-riley-

"Paris." The sign read as we entered the place that held our prom. Lucas held my hand the whole time and we stopped before we got in because he pulled me a little.

"Riles.." He looked worried.

"What's wrong, Lucas?"

"I just wanted to tell you that...I'm no good at dancing." He said nervously.

"Lucas," I smiled. "It's okay. I'll take the lead, trust me." I said as I pulled him inside.

Not a lot of people were there yet, so there was no line for pictures. I pulled him there immediately and he just chuckled at me.

"Excited much?"

"We have to take lot of pictures. With Farkle, Maya and Zay too later."

"Alright, alright."

We got in front of the backdrop and started making dorky faces.

Next, he twirls me into him and kisses my noses while the photographer takes multiple shots. I just look at Lucas, smiling and laughing. Next thing I know, someone is making gagging noises behind the camera.

I look over and it's Maya and Uncle Josh holding hands.

"Stop hogging the photographer, lovebirds." Uncle Josh says.

"Yeah, let us get a turn!" Maya agrees.

"You do know this still makes me uncomfortable right?" I gesture to the both of them and they both just shrug.

It's Lucas' turn to pull me this time.

"Come on, we'll catch up with them later. I only have until midnight with you."

"My dad said 11:30, Lucas."

"He won't know."

"You don't think he's timing us right now but he definitely is."

"How do you know?"

As if on cue, I feel my phone vibrate in my purse.

Daddy: "4 and a half more hours!!!"

I show Lucas the evidence and he just says, "Yeah, okay."

He pulls me to the middle of the room and holds my waist and my hand.

"This prom's theme is Paris." Lucas says.

"Yes, it is."

"Do you not remember?"

"What?"

"7th grade? I told you maybe you and I will go to Paris together in French?"

"How am I supposed to remember something I don't understand? You really said that?"

"Yes. And for now, this is the closest thing we'll get to Paris." He says as he sways me slowly and I smile.

"Lucas, it isn't a slow song." I laugh, looking around at everyone dancing like they're at the club.

"I know, but do you really want to dance like them?" He motions to a girl who was grinding on some guy and I shook my head.

"That's what I thought." He chucked and pushed me closer to him and I rested my head on his shoulder.

"Wait..you're dancing."

"Yes, Riley. That's what you do at a prom." He chuckled.

"But.. you said you weren't good."