Chapter 1

The bright sunlight blinded my eyes when my alarm rang. I stretched my arm to shut it off, but it wandered too far. 

THUMP!

I groaned and rubbed my sides where it hit the hard, wooden ground. 

"Damn you, clock," I grumbled as I slam my hand on the off button. "That'll shut you up." The floor underneath me creaked at every step I took. 

It was just a typical day in Fiore. A shiny sun, fluffy clouds gliding across the sky, and smiling citizens at every corner. All the elements lead to a happy, happy day.

Slipping on a white, sleeveless top and a black skirt, I threw on my thigh-high, white stockings and brown leather boots. With a snap, my belt with my keys were on my hips. 

"What am I missing...Oh!  Open, gate of Canis Minor!

"Pun! Pun pun!" it danced around me. I giggled at the sight and picked the shivering spirit up, walking to the guild.

I had both of my arms out to help me balance myself on the edge of the sidewalk.

"Careful not to fall, Lucy!" one of the boatmen warned and waved. 

"I will!" I responded and smiled. People here in Magnolia are so kind here. It's unimaginable how people here support each other. It's like a family even if they aren't related.

Like Fairy Tail.

The large guild hall towered above me.

"Pun! Pun!" Plue exclaimed, pointing to the guild. I opened the door-

Only to be hit with a metal spoon. My eye twitched in annoyance. Natsu and Gray were at it again.

I sat at a comfortable distance away from the fighting and allowing Plue to return to the Celestial World. 

Mira was talking to a small girl named Lisanna Strauss, her younger sister. Apparently, Lisanna had "died" on a mission but had appeared on Edolas.  On our last mission, Panther Lily had found her following us, and Natsu went hysterical. The happy kind, I mean. Since I recently joined, I didn't really know her. 

"Hey Lisanna! Meet Lucy. She's one of us now," Mira waved her over to meet me. She smiled and sat beside me. 

"Nice to meet you! I haven't seen a new member in years! It can get quite boring when you're talking to two lunatics for years." Her eyes glared at Gray and Natsu. I couldn't help but laugh at the comment. I knew how she felt about them. Another spoon hit my head. 

"Mira, mind handing me a skillet? Excuse me for a moment, Lis," I muttered as I approached the two goofballs. Erza was on a mission, so lucky them, they didn't have to deal with her. 

I held my handy-dandy skillet in my right hand as bashed both of them in the head.

"What was that for!" they both explained at the same time.

"You're creating a racket. Oh and happy birthday," I threw the two spoons that hit me in their faces, exact spots that got me earlier. I saw from the corner of my eyes that Lisanna was trying to hide her laughter in her hand. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I spent the rest of the day with Lisanna, telling her about how reckless Natsu could be while she told me how Edolas was. 

"When I first saw Natsu there, I was surprised that he had no motion sickness! Let alone a driver!" Lisanna exclaimed, arms outstretched. I nodded and leaned back. 

"Hey Lisanna, want to go on a mission with us?" Natsu ran over to us. In his hand was the mission. 

"Sure! Is Lucy coming?" Lisanna looked at me smiling. However, the next words he had said shocked me.

"I was thinking that since you're back, you can work with us for a while. I'm also kinda want to have a small team. You don't mind right?" he looked at me, waiting for my answer.

D-Did he just kick me off of Team Natsu?

Putting on the brightest smile I could muster, I said, "Nah, I'm sure she'd be a great team member! Have fun!" He grinned and waved at me, but Lisanna looked- guilty? I winked at her,  silently assuring her that I was fine when I'm not.

My expression changed when they left. He just left without even thinking twice about my feelings. Just left..me hanging over the cliff.

"That dense idiot," I sighed. 

"Hey Mira? I'm going out for a bit," I called out. She waved, showing that she heard me.

Yet again, the warmth greeted me with open arms. Natsu had done that on the first day we've met. Saving me from Bora, showing me Fairy Tail, and repeatedly saving me from time to time. If only he knew how I actually felt, other than thankful. If only he had known-

How much those words had hurt me.

_______________________________________________________

ANNNND that's a wrap for the very first chapter of The Last Star! What do you guys think? Instead of making Lisanna evil, I decided to make her as an innocent being who's close to Lucy. This will be one of the longest stories I've ever written, so expect a long one to be sure! And btw, the outfit above is how Lucy's looked like but just with the boots. Anyways, enough of my blabbering. Comment down what you thought about this chap.

See you guys latuuurrrr,

Aline/snowshoerabbit