T W E N T Y O N E

1 month later...

Paola's P.O.V

A month has passed since I had talked to or seen Rahart. After that horrible night on Halloween, I followed Veronica's direction. I stayed away from Rahart as soon as possible.

It was almost Thanksgiving. Before thanksgiving week, mom suggested that me, mom, and dad book a hotel and leave Los Angeles for a few days. Now spending time with my parents in Maine, New York, the trip had solved all my problems and had given me time to take a break off from LA.

I had told mom about what happened when I returned that Halloween night, and that was when my mom suddenly got the idea that we needed to leave LA and relax in New York.

Flashback to Halloween night:

I opened the door to the house and closed the door behind me. I ran upstairs before mom could see my tears and walk to my bedroom. I open my bedroom door, and close it behind me.

My mom knocked on my door. "Come in!" I yelled. Mom entered the room and immediately frowned when she saw I was crying.

"Pao, what's wrong?" Mom asked. I immediately started to cry more, the tears getting harder as my mom sat down next to me on my bed. "Tell me what's wrong." I then explained to her everything. How the night was going so well, until Veronica threatened me. I told mom all of it.

"Really? She seriously threatened to tell him you like him if you told him about the conversation?" Mom asked.

"Yes" I said, as I started to sob more and I put my head on my moms shoulder, a tissue on my nose as I was sobbing.

"Pao, I'm so sorry that happened. You know what? How about we go to Maine in New York for a week?" Mom asked. "What?" I ask. "Yup. Thanksgiving week. The week where I won't take you to school. It'll be fun" mom said. "Okay mom" I said. "I love you Pao" mom said. "Love you too mom" I said.

And just like that, me, mom, and dad packed our bags 2 days before our trip to Maine. I hear a knock on my door, my thoughts getting interrupted quickly. I open my door to see it was my parents.

"Pao, we brang pizza with chicken wings for dinner and ice cream for dessert" mom says excitedly as dad smiles standing right behind her.

I still continue to think about Rahart after mom finished talking. "Pao, are you okay? We came over here to relax and so you can get your mind off of you know who. If you're not enjoying it here, we can go back straight to LA" mom says.

"No, everything is okay" I say, turning around with a frown on my face as I walk to my hotel bed and lay down on it. But that was exactly the problem. I couldn't get over Rahart.

I was stupid. I was really stupid for suspecting that Veronica was not a evil little witch who just wanted to threaten me. I suspected on the first day that she was going to get in the way of my friendship with Rahart. And what happened on Halloween night only confirmed my fears.

And now she was taking him away from me. Taking my only bestfriend away. The truth is, I miss Rahart. How I would go over his house alot and hangout with him. How we would watch Netflix movies, and laugh and make jokes about them. How he would talk to me seductively and make me laugh. How he would put his arm around me and touch me gently. I missed Rahart and his gentle touch.

Oh, Rahart. When will I ever see and talk to you again? I think to myself.
***************
2 updates in 2 days in a row! WOHOOO! Btw it was meant to be short. This chapter made me sad 😭 Comment down below what you thought! 👇

Until next time!

Love,

❤Live_Love_Raola❤