Chapter 2 - Ex, Meet Current. Current, Meet Ex.

Start from the beginning

His eyes showed hurt, regret, disappointment, and something else that was gone so fast I couldn't even catch it.

With that I pushed passed Trey, and stormed out of the kitchen and into my bedroom. Not daring to look back.

That, my friends, was earlier yesterday morning. It's now the next day around 8 in the morning. I couldn't sleep. All I did was toss and turn. The nightmares are worse than ever now that I know he's in the same house as me.

Not even ten minutes later, there was a knock at my bedroom door. I know it's Janay because we have a special knock. Plus, she has a key to my house and nobody would dare come to my room after what happened.

I tiredly got out of my bed and unlocked my door.  I ran back to my bed and get under the covers because I know what's about to happen.

My door flew open, making a loud banging noise as it hit the wall, and a panic-faced Janay came running towards my bed. "You texted me with code aqua! Why is he back?!"

I sighed underneath my covers, "He's opening a business with my brother."

You see, I told Janay everything. She's never even met Trey but she hates him just as much as me. Or do I hate him? Yes. Definitely. She's been my closest friend since Ayana moved with her father. Jacob still lives here and we are very close. Anyways, I told her everything, not leaving anything out. As long as it took me to tell her that story, you'd think my life was a book.

I pulled the covers from my face and just stared at the ceiling.

"Are you serious?! And you're brother knew everything that went on between you guys, right?"  I nodded. "Then why would he do that?!" She asked, more to herself than to me.

As if on cue, Craig walked right through my door, shutting it behind him. What Janay said soaked inside of me and I snapped. Why would he do that? 

Getting out of my bed, I sprinted to where Craig stood and pinned him against the back of the door. My right hand around his neck, and my nails harshly digging into his flesh.

"Did you fucking tell him about them?!" I hissed, digging my nails deeper into the side of his neck.

"N-No!" He croaked out from lock of oxygen. I may be a girl, but piss me off, and I seem as big and buff as my dad. It just runs in the family.

"He has to know something! He doesn't just think there's two kids waltzing around here!" I screeched.

"L-Let....me g-go a-and I'll explain!"

I loosend my grip around his neck but didn't remove my hand. He look relieved, but I can still tell he was in pain from my nails digging into his skin.

"He didn't ask questions about them, other than their names. I haven't told him anything the whole three years, just like you asked. He's clueless to the fact that they are his. Which is stupid on his part, they both look just like him. Anyways, you don't have to worry, no one has said anything, I swear!"

Letting out a sigh of relief, I unhooked my arms from around Craig's neck. I closed my eyes, my index finger and thumb pinching the bridge of my nose.

"But you have to tell him, Dee. He asks about you literally everyday. He misses you. And I'm pretty sure he still loves you." 

I didn't reply.

"And deep down, I know you still love him." He continued.

My eyes snapped open and I gave him an icy glare, "I do not love him." I said through gritted teeth.