Chapter 17 - Two In One.

Pic of Trey&Destiny

Video is the BEST! Watch&Listen :)

___________________________________________________________________

Chapter 17 - Two In One.

Destiny.

Pulling up to my & Tequan's house, I was more nervous than ever.

All the lights to the house are off, but his car was in the drive way so I know he's home. He hadn't been home when I woke up this morning and I haven't heard from him all day. There's no telling what he was out doing.

I slowly walked up the sidewalk that lead to the front door, taking my sweet time. There was bound to be questions about my where-abouts but I wasn't ready for all that. As soon as he finds out I was with Trey he was gonna flip.

I just know it. Call it woman's intuition, but I know.

Finally making it to the front door, I paused, trying to get myself together. I closed my eyes and took several deep breaths, trying to calm my racing nerves. I don't know why I'm so nervous - wait I lied, I do know why I'm nervous.

I'm scared of getting slapped into the furture again.

When I finally felt I was somewhat under control, I gripped the doorknob, surprised to find the door unlocked, and twisted it slowly. I pushed the door as I twisted the knob, peeking just to make sure Tequan wasn't too close.

When I was sure the coast was clear, I let out an audible sigh, obviously relieved. Maybe he was sleeping or something.

I stepped into the house and shut the door behind me, making sure it didn't make much noise. I set my purse and keys on the table next to the door. The house was quiet and still. You could probably hear a mouse having sex. It was quiet.

A little too quiet.

I walked down the hallway cautiously. My shoes started making a clicking noise against the hardwood floor so I took the off halfway through. 

Since it was dark, I used the walls to help guide me through the hallway. Once I reached the living room, I used my hands to search for the light switch.

I found it and turned it on.

I immediately regretted it.

I froze.

Tequan was standing in the middle of the living room looking livid.

I gulped.

I didn't miss a beat though. 

I sprinted towards the stairs as if my life depended on it. I didn't want to face his wrath right now. Or ever for that matter. I also didn't want to lie to his face. I hate lying, it's just not me.

I reached the top of the stairs but I knew Tequan was right on my heels. His yelling got louder and his footsteps heavier.

I reached the bedroom and ran insided, locking the door as fast as I could. I slid down it, relieved that I had actually made it.