Chapter 14 - Fate Doesn't Want It.

None of you have guessed right what Tequan might have done :P He didn't beat Ashley guys. SHEESH! Give him some credit!

This chapter may make you guys mad, but stick with it okay? The time is coming(:

(Watch the video on the side! Love that song.)

__________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 14 - Fate Doesn't Want It.

Destiny.

Ashley began fidgeting in her seat, refusing to meet my gaze. I also notice her body slighty tembling, mostly her hands and bouncing leg. I knew from her reactions to him they must have ended badly, but now this is just ridiculous. She's acting like she witnessed him murdering a guy or something.

Intertwining my fingers, I place them onto the marble island, getting ready to do my investigation thang. After a few minutes of her not speaking again, I speak, "Ashley? Hun?"

Startled, she jumps in her seat. Her head whips my way so fast, I wouldn't be surprised if she broke her neck and was paralyzed from the neck down. "Y-Yeah?"

"I asked you why you get so nervous around Tequan."

She cocked her head to the side, playing dumb. Although she's trying to act all cool now, there's something in her eyes. I just can't place what. She's usually easy to read, so whatever happened had to have been pretty bad. "I don't get nervous around him."

I fought the urge to roll my eyes at her fib. Does it look like I live under a rock? She should already know that no one can lie to me, except my dad and Trey. "I saw your reaction when we came in, both times."

She didn't answer right away. She just stared at me, so I returned the favor and stared back. I tried my best to give her my most intimidating look, the one that says 'don't lie to me', but I highly doubt that's what it came out looking like. It probably looked like a grimace.

She was staring at me as if she was searching my face for anything out of the usual. Her stare was intense like she was trying to tell me something. Something very important that I might need to know.  I just couldn't figure out what. 

"Are you going to tell me?"

She blinked.

"Is that a no?"

She blinked twice.

"Did your relationship end bad?" I guessed.

She nodded, still staring at me with that intense gaze.

"Well.." I trailed off impatiently, "What happened?"

She didn't do anything. Not blink, not nod either. I was really starting to get pissed off at her lack of communication. There's clearly something I need to know, but she won't tell me.

After a moment of giving her my annoyed look, she sighed dramatically. "Look, I want to tell you, Destiny. I really do but I can't. I promised myself a long time ago that I would push what happened between Tequan and I, out of my head, and I intend on doing that."