What I Want {END}

Twenty Three
{Daytona's Point Of View}

"You're not allowed to see Jordaine ever again! If you do, you're outta here! Understood?" My mom yells at me, as Jordaine's dad nodded in agreement.

My heart is beating uncontrollably in agony. The withheld tears that welled in my eyes fell down my cheeks in anguish.

How dare they try to control what I do? Even though they're the adults, it doesn't mean they can tell me what I can or cannot do. At the end of the day, I'm still gone be doing me. So, what's the point?

"That ain't fair," I mutter below my breath, my voice slightly cracking.

"Who said anything was fair?" Her dad snorted and crossed his arms over his chest. "She's my daughter– your sister! There are plenty of other girls out there that you can get and play around with!"

I rise from the couch they had me seated on, anger built up inside my petite body. "Fuck you, man! I don't want no otha' girl! I want Jordaine and she wants me!"

My mother and Jordaine's dad stared at me in shock. I don't even understand why. Maybe I should've stayed calm.

I felt myself shrink down, but I kept on standing. My heart pounds against my chest as her dad's hateful eyes met mine.

"Hand over your phone, then go to your room now!" He says sternly, holding out his hand for me to give him my phone.

I don't understand why they take this so hard. They use to say that they'd love us no matter what. So, what happened?

"Daytona," He says sternly once again.

"I said fuck you, man!" I shout at him, "Who you think you is–? demanding fo' my shit! Fuck that. Fuck you, and you!" I point between him and my mother.

"That's enough!" My mother screams back at me before sending a smack right across my face. "This is the last time I'll be disrespected by my own daughter!"

I held the side of my face for a second before glaring back at her, "I'm not your daughter. I neva' been! Wanna know why–? 'cause I'm a beautiful disaster, bitch! I don't need your shit! I'm gone do me regardless of what y'all do." I growl, tossing my phone at her before storming up the stairs and into my room.

I slammed the door once I walked in.

It's not even that serious! It's not like I'm in a gang! Or, selling drugs like I use to be! It's just a relationship! It's my life!

But, what am I going to do now? I gave up my phone so now I can't contact Jordaine. Then again, there's a window...

I walk over to my bedroom window and open it up, popping out the screen like a old homie taught me, and I jumped out.

Am I really running away? Shouldn't I take clothes? Food? My wallet? Nah...
I'm going to let Jordaine know what's going on. We'll figure out what to do from there. I can't do this own my own. I'm a minor.

Wait, do I know the way to her place?

As I turn a corner with my hands dug into my pockets, I bump into someone. Stepping back, I look up to see who it is.

Ayden...

She meets my gaze and a grin spreads across her face, "Just who I need."

"What?" I scowl and she grips my chin, "Wanna come back to my place, baby?"

I smack her hand away and take a step back, "Baby? Ain't nobody your baby."