Baby Steps

Thirteen
{Jordaine's Point Of View}

Daytona was at lost for words. She just stared at me with tears still in her eyes. Once again, she looked so vulnerable...

"I love you..." I say once again while I wipe away what was left of her tears. I begin to lean close to her face as her eyes widen, "What you d—" I press my lips onto her own as she grips my hip.

She pulls away instantly and stares down at her thighs as I let out a deep sigh. I get up from her bed and head over to her bathroom.

Does it hurt that she still denies me? Hell yeah... Am I upset over it? I doubt that... At least she's finally opened up to me somehow, and that's all that I've ever wanted. From today and onwards, I hope that our bond grows stronger. Even if it takes baby steps.

I grab a bag of cotton balls, hydrogen peroxide, and wrapping bandage. Walking back into her room I start to rip open the bag of cotton balls, "Let me see your wrist." I say sternly.

She furrows her eyebrows at me, "What the fuck f—" I grab her wrist and squeeze it as she lets out a loud yelp.

"Exactly, you ain't slick Day Day." I sigh pulling up her sleeve. I cringe at the sight of this new cut. It wasn't like the others. This one was long, and ran up her wrist instead of across.

Daytona bit her lip in shame as she watched my facial expression change from shock to disappointment, "Why?" Is all I ask.

She grabs her wrist back from me as she looks at me crazy, "Seriously?!" She gets up from her bed, "You really just don't fuckin' get it, do you?!"

"Look, I'm sorry but—"

"Save it. Just get out, bro. I'm tired, I feel like shit. And, I just need to go to bed." She lays back in bed, covering herself with her sheets.

"Fine, just let me clean that up first." I tug at her sheets and she lets out an aggravated groan. Reaching her wrist out without uncovering herself. I chuckle and go in with a damp cotton ball. I hear her wince and continue to dab it against the cut, until all the dried blood was gone. Leaving a fresh cut, I begin to wrap it up with the bandaging. Finishing that up I get up from her bed, "There you go. You can get your rest now. Just don't try to ever touch a blade again in your life. Or else..." I go from sweet tone to dominant one as I leave out her room.

Yeah, baby steps...

--

{Daytona's Point Of View}
[Afterschool]

"What the fuck is this?" I ask, in a calm tone to conceal the anger building up in me, somehow heartbroken when I walk Jordaine's room.

What I walk into is horrendous. Makes me want to scream, and beg to God, 'why me?!' It looks like Jordaine is about to have sex with a female I've never seen before in my life. Jordaine is on top of her, shirtless, without pants on, just in her sports bra and boxers. The red headed mysterious fem is stripped down to her lacey bra, no underwear. They're not even covering themselves with a sheet or nothing.

Annoying.

The day after me pouring all my feelings and hidden burdens, Jordaine I suppose betrayed me to go ahead and probably have a one-night-stand with some random girl.

I still haven't told Ayden nothing about Jordaine and I's relationship, even though we've been hanging around each other a lot during school. She's finally came around the whole public display of affection situation. I just think it's best for her to not know.