Surprise, Baby!

Eighteen
{Daytona's Point Of View}

A few minutes after leaving the school, Jordaine parks in front of an apartment complex.

But, we don't live in no apartment...
We aren't even in our neighborhood.
It's got more of the projects vibe to it.
Oh, no... don't tell me this nigga is trying to get me killed? Wait, no... don't tell me this nigga doing drugs now?

"What we doin' hea?" I ask and follow Jordaine out of her car.

"This is where I live," She chuckles and grabs my hand, pulling me along with her. "Why do you seem so surprised?"

The question was: how could I not be surprised? Jordaine hasn't ever told me she lived someplace else. She didn't ever mention about moving out, too. Why would she keep this from me? It makes me wonder what else she keeps hidden from me...

"What you mean you live here? How? You don't even gotta job, man." I scoff while letting go of her hand, I was mad.

"You're absolutely right, I don't have a job." She sighs and turns to look at me. "But, your mom and my dad got this place for me as an early birthday present. I'm moving out soon, anyway. You haven't noticed me being gone a lot or any of my missing stuff?"

I knit my eyebrows in confusion and look down to my feet to think. Come to think of it, I just now realized that she would come home late a lot . I just didn't ever bring it up at first. But, I don't even know what to say.

"Come on, I'll explain the rest inside." Jordaine placed her hand on my lower back and pushes me towards one of the doors that's on the second floor.

I cross my arms over my chest and let her lead me into her new home. Once she opened the door, she immediately pushed me in and closed the door behind me.

My eyes widen in shock.

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Her joint was tight!

I didn't expect it to be this nice, judging by the appearance on the outside. But, that's got to be a total decoy until you get inside. This was lit.

But, I'm mad.

Before I could open my mouth, Jordaine instantly began to explain herself. "I know I should've told you earlier, but I didn't want to worry you. I know this is a big step, but we can make it work, right?" She smiles sheepishly.

I shoot her a glare and disregard her as I take a look around. It was a big place. The kitchen is on the right side of the apartment, it was a great size, and the designing was all black. Living room was lovable, flat screen TV, a stand with speakers and all. The couch looked real comfy. Plus through the hallway, I could see the 2 bedrooms, and I peeped Jordaine's from it's slightly cracked open door.

"But, you don't even got a job..." I repeat, referring to how she'd manage to pay all the bills.

"You're right, and I'm applying for jobs. I'm just so ready to start my life, you don't even understand, babe." Jordaine sighs and stands next to me, grabbing my hand again. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier, forgive me?"