Chapter 37, Sucks To Be Edward

Chapter 37

The beach was quiet for once with only a few show offs further up, running into the waves and failing at catching a wave at surfing. 

Occasionally a kid and dog would run by just to annoy me, whilst I lay with my back to the sun, absorbing its cancerous rays before Peatry came and found me.

The waves had such a calming feeling early morning, with each crashing against the sands softer with each beat.  As the waves slowly rolled out, I was barely aware of the passing time, off in my own world of peace and quiet.

It wasn’t until some bass like laughs further up the beach, echoed off the sand that I was again focused on what was happening around me.

Hearing the laugh again my back tensed, as anger boiled inside me, waiting for the two lunatics to approach.  It didn’t even take a long as I had expected as a pair of shadows soon blocked my sun from the feel of the cool breeze now on my back.

‘Well look who’s come to join us; care for a game of volleyball pup’!

Turning my head to look at the two dropkicks in front of me, Edward’s face had healed from our last encounter and I could tell there was some unmentioned anger waiting to fall out.

Chuckling for a second, I wasn’t even going to get up for these guys; after all I was the one to make the first move last time so what was to say I wouldn’t do it again.  ‘I think I’ll pass kitten, I wouldn’t want to break a nail or anything’.

A small vein twitched above Edward’s eye as my level of amusement had already risen tenfold without me even getting up. 

Before I had even expected it, Edward had grabbed a fistful of my hair and was proceeding to drag me to my feet as if last time’s threat wasn’t enough.  Holding my head to stop the piercing pain, Edward put his mouth to my ear, spitting his little cute words.

‘We never got to finish our game last time Pup! We wouldn’t want to disappoint the beach now, would we’?

Growling under my breath, I turned to look up at this guy; now enraged myself from his spiteful tone.  ‘If it’s round two you want, you should have just asked sweetie, I know how you are when it comes to closure’.

This guy was seriously riled up, just the feeling of his fingers slowly pulling on my hair more with each second told me he was angry.  With both hands still in my hair, I resented being a girl in that instant as Edward’s free fist flew into my rib; knocking the wind out of me as he let me go.

Wheezing I hollered on my feet, almost gutting myself for being such a weak ass and thinking of running.  It was obvious Sam wasn’t a fighter by the way he simply watched us admiring his leader.

With Edward taking steps toward me, I figured this wasn’t a fight I could win, turning on my heel to dart up the beach. 

The funny part about it all was, I definitely outranked these guys with speed; looking back to see them barely keeping pace.  ‘Why you running Pup, afraid of a little one on one are we, or am I just too good for you’?

Laughing as loud as I could, I made a quick right turn heading straight into the waves, watching as the men followed obviously confused as to why I was running to my own death. 

Further along now, we actually had a small audience of people that would watch what was about to unfold.  Now jumping into the waves, I took dive now paddling with the current back out to sea as the Edward was now my sore follower in the water.

Fully clothed and not even tired, I expected Edward to give up sooner; looking back to him gaining………maybe coming into the water wasn’t my smartest move; considering this meat was fresh from the sea.