Chapter 34, Bite Me Hunter

Chapter 34

The look Peatry gave me when we got back was enough to make me regret everything I had ever done.  The smirk evident on his face said I was right and you have to admit it now; but I still tried to ignore his intensifying looks.

Taking a seat at the dining table, Peatry was quick to set up his workbench, pliers at the ready.  ‘You know the benefit to jumping through a glass door Beck’?

I didn’t like where Peatry was going with this as I began to get up from the table, only to find Hunter manipulating me now, his hand pulling my wrist down onto the table. 

Looking up at Hunter, I practically begged with my eyes; ‘this is supposed to be the part where you knock me out’!

Hunter only shook his head, obviously siding with Peatry on this one, ‘sorry Princess; I don’t think I’d have it in me to do that’.

Whining and complaining the whole process must have taken almost an hour as I sat, almost belting Hunter each time the tweezers dug into my skin, pulling out serrated edges of glass. 

Once it was over, I was glad when I had showered and could finally relax on the lounge again.  Hunter and Peatry had managed to stick a wooden board they had found from who knows where against the frame of the glass door; now preventing anyone’s entry.

With the sun soon to set, it had been an interesting day and I was sure it was going to get even crazier once Hunter had settled in and claimed he owned the place.

Sitting in front of the television bandaged up, Hunter was trying his best to be my pillow so he could get his arm around me once more.  Me being the uncooperative person I was, made sure it didn’t happen though, flogging Hunter with the cushion I was leaning on every time he tried.

Peatry had made the smart choice and sat on his recliner, even though his eyes still stared me down every so often, telling me to let Hunter in and stop being so guarded.

‘I swear if you do not stay on your side of the lounge, I will not hesitate to grab Peatry’s cane and beat you till you leave me alone’!

Obviously anger had no effect on Hunter as usual, acting like the lost puppy he was, he had now decided maybe it was time to back off. 

‘Hey if you two can’t get along, I’m going to have to separate you’.

Rolling my eyes at Peatry, that look he was giving me earlier was now coming back.  His quick but intense stare told me he expected me to be a little more hospitable and to just relax for once.

Pegging a pillow at Peatry, he got that his message obviously wasn’t received and took his place back watching television like the peaceful person he was.

· · · ·

Eating dinner at the table, it wasn’t as awkward as I had expected, Peatry was always asking about work but Hunter seemed to steer clear of anything that a normal person wouldn’t know. 

‘So what are you up to at work at the moment’?

Listening to Peatry’s constant questions was a little irritating but I didn’t have much of a choice, feeling drawn to Hunter’s presence.  This was the first instance though that Hunter had mentioned anything vaguely familiar and I figured it must have been on purpose.

‘Oh we’re currently searching for a young girl that escaped not too far back, Steve and I have been assigned to the case but so far we’ve had no luck’.

Peatry smiled, obviously realising something I didn’t.  ‘She was last seen hovering around your neighbourhood back in Sydney but there’s been no sign of her since she got hit by that van………….’