22 - Lost in the World

"Holy shit!"

Brandon groaned when he hit the ground very very hard. Whatever that witch had done made him and Selena crash into a snow covered icy hill.

"I can't believe that old dude did this!" He groaned with a frown as he stretched him arms a bit to relax his muscles.

"He could've turned us into coconuts! You'd better be grateful." Selena replied in utter annoyance. The cold made her voice sound weaker than usual.

Unlike vampires, witches are prone to coldness related matters. Therefore, by every passing second, Selena could feel the frigid air move its way to her bones.

"Being a coconut isn't really worse than the situation now, honestly." Brandon chuckled. "At least we'd be in Maldives or something." That earned him a smach in the arm from Selena.

"I take it back." Brandon glanced beside him just to see how hard Selena was glaring at her.

"What's the matter?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Keep talking and I'll turn you into a rat." Selena threatened seriously which caused Brandon to throw his hands up in surrender while smirking playfully.

Her voice sounded husky and had a slight shaking into it. Selena rolled her eyes. The cold was really getting to her.

"Where the hell even are we?" Brandon asked as he stood up slowly. His body was sore from the sudden hit, but he was getting better with every passing second.

After standing up, he checked his environment. There hills were covered with snow for as far as his eyesight allowed him to.

"Seriously where the fuck did this creep post us to?" He asked while still checking the view out. There was nothing relevant he could notice, even with his eyesight.

After a few more seconds of silence from Selena, Brandon looked back to see if anything was the matter. Selena was hugging her arms to her body and was shaking uncontrollably.

"Oh Gosh!" Brandon took off his jacket immediately and wrapped it around Selena's cold body.

"It's cold." Selena let a shaky sigh out. Her breath came out as a warm cloudy figure in the air.

Brandon sat beside her in the snow and turned his gaze back at the brunette. "Are you alright?" He wondered as he softly rubbed Selena's back. All Selena could do was nod silently, indicating she was alright but reality was far away from that. She was freezing.

"W-we should get going. Before the gate ch-changes places again." Selena whispered out the words. She could barely form them due to how cold it was.

"What are you talking about? We aren't going anywhere when you're freezing like this!" Brandon argued.

"We should.." Selena began but Brandon cut her off.

"We should find a way to keep you warm that's what we must do." He added sternly.

"I'm alright." Selena snapped stubbornly and gathered all her might to prove Brandon she was capable of continuing.

As soon as she stood up, she was about to fall, since her muscles were cold. Brandon rushed by her side immediately and wrapped his arms around her cold figure, which was warm for his body even in that temperature.

"Careful." He whispered. Selena nodded her head in understanding. She then, started to walk. "Let's go." Brandon didn't argue this time.

As they walked, a comfortable silence fell between them. Even though Selena didn't say anything, she liked the fact that Brandon was looking after her. Despite them not liking each other before.