Final Chapter - When It All Comes Crashing Down

A cold breeze that could freeze the blood within every pumping heart had started to develop overtime. It's noise and harsh whistle startled every receptive ear while digging through the snowy hills outside.

The fire that had been burning in the fire place was very soon nothing but dead. Before the open door, stood a gloomy figure of a man with the frightening creature, the undead, steadily beside him.

Selena felt as if her bones froze to death in the matter of those few seconds. She held on to her companion as the wooden old door was forced close.

"Nice to see you again, son." The brutally familiar voice called over them, startling them both.

Brandon gasped as he stood up slowly. Surprise and confusion written on every part of his features at the sight of his father.

***

"I don't know if I should be relieved or scared that you two aren't trying to kill each other." Alexandra sighed after a short conversation had flown by the trio who were still sat securely at her hideout.

"We've never really had that cliche urge to eliminate each other, if we are to be honest." Cara explained. "At least I know I never did." She smiled at Kendall wholeheartedly.

Alexandra observed the interaction with admiration for a short while but then, it was as if something clicked within her mind.

"Wait a second." Alexandra had a doubtful expression on her face as she leaned forward to observe the two young vampires' features.

"I'm going to ask a question from you Cara and I need a genuine and frank answer urgently, do you understand that?" Alexandra asked with an authority hidden in the depth of her voice. Cara only nodded her head as a response.

"When did you meet Kendall, before or after her awakening?" Alexandra asked with a forced calm expression that was as transparent as a glass for Cara to see through.

"Before." She answered simply.

Anxiety began to rise in Alexandra's face. She immediately asked another question. "Did you lust after her blood?" Her voice held an immense amount of nervousness and concern.

"Uh.." Cara wasn't sure if she wanted to share that with Alexandra knowing Kendall was right beside her.

"Please answer honestly this is more important than you can ever think or imagine." Alexandra demanded.

"I did." Cara sighed closing her eyes with embarrassment. When she felt Kendall hold on to her hand with a tighter grip, she felt herself smile.

"How much?" Alexandra's desperation put both girls in alarm suddenly. Cara looked in her eyes only to see fear and worry. Which put the blonde girl at unease.

"A lot. More than ever in my existence." Cara replied quietly trying to guess what Alexandra's current phase was about.

"Did you bite her back then?" Alexandra asked. The question caught Cara a bit off guard since she hadn't shared that detail with Kendall yet. Despite being extremely concerned about the outcomes of her honesty, she decided to follow Alexandra's earlier demand.

"I did. But I didn't drink her blood. Not even a single drop." Cara replied.

Alexandra was shocked. "How can this be if it's not the prophecy."

Just before Cara could open her mouth to ask a question, she felt herself being pulled away into nothingness by a power she could only feel.

The next second, she was tied onto a chair in a very unfamiliar but equally old and elegant hall.