9 - Research

"Hey there." Cara greeted when she entered the library. Apparently, her voice wasn't appreciated there.

"Shh! We're trying to focus here." Selena scowled before getting back to the thick torn out book she was analyzing.

"Yeah what do you think you're doing?" Brandon, who was doing nothing other than basically standing, scowled playfully.

"It's not the right time to play, Brandon." Karlie stated firmly as she turned her body to glare at her friend. She was as well, holding a similar book in her amrs.

"Sorry, ugh!" Brandon lifted his arms up to declare peace.

"What have you got so far?" Cara walked over to Selena and sat down on the chair beside hers.

"Nothing! Not even one of the spells work like that one." Selena returned her attention to the book.

"Clearly this is the worst case we've had so far." Cara ran her hand through her hair.

"SEL!" Taylor's high pitched call for her friend caused everyone to look up with interest.

"I think I found it. It's pretty close to what you described." She yelped and handed Selena the page she was referring to.

Selena quickly scanned the page. A satisfied smile appeared on her lips.

"This is pretty close to the one I saw." Selena mused as she read the page carefully.

"What does it say?" Cara asked desperately referring to words written in numbers and unusual letters of an unknown alphabet.

"The dibility of a tiger,
The strength of the sun,
The profluent water,
Maddening affliction of The One

Shall be carved upon the skin,
Shall be bitten with behest,
Shall flow down through the chest,
As The One may invocate,
Shall the heart forever rest."

"It's the curse that's written here but.." Selena sighed in confusion.

"Then the snake should have died when I used my protection spell." She justified. "This is pretty close but not identical."

"Hey Ravenclaw! What supernatural kind does this spell work on?" Brandon asked suddenly interested.

"Vampires." Selena replied. She was way too tired to comment on the Ravenclaw part.

"See there's something not right here! It doesn't make sense at all. The snake wouldn't have bitten any of us." Brandon stated.

"Why not?" Cara wondered. Selena and others were listening closely as well.

"Because a 'snake' isn't usually able to hunt by seeing." Brandon replied thoughtfully.

"It goes for infrared radiation. Basically heat." He continued.

"This doesn't make sense to me." Brandon repeated. "Why send a vampire's curse with a snake into a house full of vampires when it actually can't attack any of us? We are not warm enough to attract a snake's attention." He continued. "It can't see us or feel us or kill us for that matter."