11 - Tomb of The Undead

Kendall sighed after closing the last web page she'd skimmed. She was searching for a logical conclusion to justify Cara's reaction to chicken earlier that night but no scientific answer seemed to be accurate. The closest symptom she could find was an eating disorder, more likely to be anorexia but Cara, with her strength and fitness didn't seem to be anorexic.

Kendall giggled to herself and decided to follow Gigi's unwritten rule of googling her thoughts. She recalled Gigi googling the least google-worthy matters such as Where are my car keys? Or where is my algebra teacher's purse?

After smiling at her friend's antics, Kendall typed. Cold skin, strength. She searched. She was surprised to be faced with mythic results.

They were mostly short essays written for personal amusement, she later found out. But the little beam of light about that experience was carved in her memory.

***

"Hey Sels." Cara called as she walked toward Selena. She was sitting with Lilly, running through the printed pages of Christian's book. The one they'd just stolen a few days ago.

"Hey Cara. I was just telling Lilly about how we managed to get this copy." Selena replied without lifting her head from the page.

"I loved it. It was so awesome I was jealous I wasn't there!" Lilly squealed.

"It's not like you weren't welcome. We just wanted it to be..." Cara pulled a chair for herself. "...secretive." She finished.

"I'm aware Cars." Lilly smiled.

Cara knew Lilly through Taylor. She was a vampire as well. She was one of the few people Cara actually trusted.

"What have you got so far?" Cara asked as she picked up a single page and glanced at it.

"A few things actually. First being Christian's way more of a badass than we think." Selena began.

"Shit." Cara chuckled.

"This is serious actually.. This man knows more black magic than you and I know words." Selena looked right in Cara's eyes. "He has a copy of every single text written about curses since the beginning of witchcraft."

"Also we learned that the snake that was sent into the house, wasn't actually sent by a witch." Selena continued.

"What creature sent it then?" Cara azked in confusion.

"It couldn't have been by a witch because then, a witch, like Selena could have killed it." Lilly explained.

"But.. But us vampires can't do any magic." Cara argued. "Werewolves can't either." She was bewildered. What creature was able to do that?

"You're right. A vampire can't do magic but what about.." Selena glanced at her fingers as she pages with her nails.

"The undead?" Cara shuddered and a cold chill ran down her spine.

"It can't be.. How can an undead even be out here?" Cara asked.

"It was an undead. And it wasn't sent to kill one of us Cara. It was a blood sucker snake." Selena showed Cara a page she'd put on the right.

"See.. This is the spell. And only an undead can do this." Selena explained. Though Cara could only understand the picture.

The page held a very confusing figure of numbers and ancient Greek alphabet.

"This snake was meant to suck out an unwaken vampire's blood. For whatever reason." Selena concluded.

"Even that doesn't make sense. Unwaken Vampires are Royal Brights
And we don't have any royal bright siders here." Cara argued.