7 - The Dilemma

Cara's eyes were bloodred.

She saw her end in the hands of the strongest witch she'd ever come across. Her mind was blurry. Every thought and every memory was running through the blurred vision of her imagination. She tried very hard to move, frightened by what could happen, but the spell was too strong.

Surprisingly, the toxic pain Cara felt didn't strike her in her heart. It cut through her cold arm. Toni had mercilessly cut her skin.

"What is she doing?" Selena asked herself as she tried to observe the posessed witch.

Cara's skin immediately healed the brutally cut scar. Cara herself, was surprised to witness the uncommonly fast healing.

"Pakonticha.. Strata!" Toni screamed and cut Cara's arm again only too see it cover up the wound one more time.

Toni angrily brought up a larger piece of the broken glass. She used all her strength before she slammed it over Cara's arm. She let out a deafening scream but before Toni even pulled out the glass, someone jumped at her neck from behind. Someone no other than Karlie Kloss. Taylor was with Selena and Brandon, trying to help them flee.

"You're dead bitch!" Karlie kicked Toni hard only to realize she was barely affected. Cara's eyes gained a fresh shade of red as she bit down on the witch's neck quite hard.

The moment Toni turned away, the freezing spell stopped. Her distraction was also enough to set Brandon and Selena free.

Cara pulled away when she noticed a change in the witch's muscles. "What's going on?" Karlie asked absorbing Toni's face.

Selena rushed by their side. "Who cursed you?" She asked a weakening Toni. She opened her mouth to answer but nothing came out.

Cara watched in surprise when Toni's face started getting older and her hair whitened. She fell down to the ground as several wrinkles appeared on her face and hands. She was trying to talk but her voice didn't come out. Her figure was getting painfully older.

"She's cursed." Selena noticed.

"What?" Cara asked in surprise.

"Someone possessed her soul and made her do everything she did. Someone extremely strong. And cursed her to death." She explained.

"This is not Hogwarts! Do something!" Brandon commanded desperately.

"I can't! It's more powerful than I can even think about stopping." Selena replied.

Toni fell to the ground and let out her last breath.

"Shit." Was all Brandon said rubbing his head. "It's fucked up."

"Well this is definitely not normal." Selena commented.

"Yeah and we were waiting for Miss Hufflepuff to announce this." Brandon exclaimed.

"I was a Ravenclaw." Selena exclaimed at Brandon.

"Whatever." He rolled his eyes.

"Calm down everyone." Cara stated. "We have to figure this out! And us being angry now in this situation won't make this mess less tolerable nor easier." She continued in a more stern but softer tone. "We should head back home. We'll talk more on the road." She offered.

***

"You feelin' okay?" Selena asked.

Cara was sitting alone looking up at the sky. "Yep." She pat the spot beside her.
Selena approached and took her seat.

"You've been spacing out since we got back." She basically stated before taking a sip from her wine. "There's clearly something bothering you."

During the drive, the group had talked about all the odd events since Cara moved into the city and even before. The club house incident. James' club and Liam. Harry hurting Taylor. Toni. It all was too much.