5 - Bloody Mary

Bewilderment was the only word Cara could describe her thoughts with.

Had Kendall not been with her, or had she possessed the strength to perform a mind trick on the brunette, she wouldn't have refrained from her common tendency. The one she uses at situations identical to this one. But with the brunette, she had to be careful.

"Are you okay?" Cara muttered subconsciously not even aware why it mattered the slightest bit.

"Yeah." Kendall gasped. "Are you?"

Cara nodded and picked up speed as she did so. Kendall's horrored expression gave her a new emotion she had never felt for a human.

Concern.

She passed the red Porsche glancing at Toni's frenetic eyes. Only to be hit by the car. Kendall's scream and grip on the car wasn't one to be ignored.

"What's going on?" Kendall asked in apprehension. The car was trying to basically get them off of the road.

"She's probably just high again. She's one of my cousin's exes." Cara lied.

Never in over thousands of years had there been an affair among members of a different world. There was a strict ban on it. Specially among bright and dark vampires. They could never ever bond.

"That's nuts." Kendall shouted with disbelief.

"Tell me about it." Cara whispered in concentration as she spotted another car following from behind. "Shit." She cursed.

She glanced at Toni again only to see her whispering a spell. To stop her, Cara hit Toni's car quite hard and pressed the gas pedal.

"What are you doing?" Kendall freaked out.

"Just hold on a second." Cara yelled. She seemed to have chosen a certain direction.

"Oh shit. Oh shit." Cara screamed when she noticed her brakes weren't working. That damn spell.

"What's wrong?" Kendall asked with genuine fear.

"Nothing.." She huffed loudly but never panicked. "I'm gonna show you, bitch." She muttered.

"Hold on tight." Cara took a very sudden turn with no breaks that almost caused her to jump out the car. "Yes!" Cara cheered as they passed the abandoned neighborhood through dusty houses and narrow streets. That would for sure confuse the witches.

"I think we lost them." Cara announced once she realized her brake was functioning. She stopped the car on the closest street in a rather busier part of the nearby alley.

"Are you okay?" She turned her head to look at Kendall for the zilionth time that evening. She was concerned about the human.

"Yeah I'm good... I just.." The brunette was breathing heavily. "I've never really been through something like this." She closed her eyes and a small smile appeared on her pink lips.

"Did you like it, then?" Cara asked. Kendall nodded her head. "Well it was a nice change." She looked at Cara and her smile only widened, making Cara smile a little as well.

"I like your smile." Kendall announced.

"What?" Cara was taken aback yet amused. She kept the smile on, though.

"You never smile." Kendall stated.

"I do." Cara protested with a frown.

"Not genuinely, you don't." Kendall ran her fingertip over Cara's cold lips with her head still rested back. Cara sighed deeply as her inside started to tremble with desire. "It's better when you smile."