6 - Magical

Kendall's scream was loud enough to outdo the howling.

"Kendall.. Wake up baby!"

She opened her eyes with terror thoroughly beaming out of her eyes. Beside her was her father in the blinding darkness. He was softly shaking her shoulder.

"It's all gone. You just had a bad dream my dear." He hugged her close once he noticed she was consciously awake. "It was just a bad dream." He sighed deeply.

"It was so.." Kendall's voice cracked. Tears started to gather in her eyes.

"It's all gone." Her father assured. "It's all gone, dear." The howling hadn't stopped yet. Kendall hugged her father closer.

"It's okay.. " He whispered. Kendall nodded as she parted from her dad.

"Thanks." She whispered.

He nodded and gave her forehead a loving kiss. "Need anything dear?"

Kendall shook her head. He got up and left the room. "Don't hesitate to tell me if you do." He reminded from the doorway.

A nightmare is a common thing for Kendall nowadays. Though they had never been this frightening. She was usually falling in her dreams. To eternal nothingness. And that's what scared her the most until tonight.

Another howling followed through as Kendall's eyelids started getting heavy again. She fell asleep soon but not before feeling someone else's presence in the room.

***

Kendall checked herself in the mirror one last time before humming another agreement to the phone. She brushed her hair with her fingers one more time and pulled away, taking a general look at herself.

"You should put red lipstick on." Gigi's soar voice suggested over the phone. She had been horribly sick for the past few days. Kendall tried visiting her but her best friend didn't allow her to get close as the cold was apparently widespread.

"Why?" Kendall asked. She could imagine Gigi rolling her eyes.

"Makes kissing hard to resist." She replied. Kendall giggled at her friend's antics.

"She's just a friend." She insisted.

"Oh Kendall you're the worst liar on the surface of this damn planet." Gigi roared with her already thick voice.

"I'm not.." Kendall began.

After a few coughs she continued through Kendall's protest. "I'm not taking it from you! Watch out to not get pregnant will you?" She joked.

"Okay. Whatever you say Gi..."

The doorbell rang forcing Kendall to check her appearance in the mirror once more.

"I'll see you soon hopefully. Now go get that door." Gigi hung up before Kendall could say anything.

She rushed down the stairs and stood behind the door before taking a deep breath and putting a smile on her gorgeous face.

"Hey." She tried to sound as casual as she could yet then excitement in her voice also rang through Cara's ears.

"Hey." The blonde girl replied.

Kendall moved aside to let Cara in.

"Welcome." Kendall greeted trying to keep the conversation alive as they tried to reach her room.

"Thanks. How are you?" Cara asked casually though her nostrils were going crazy again for Kendall's scent.

"I'm fine thanks." They didn't really talk much at school. Cara spent most of her time with her cousin. Usually talking privately.