3 - Define : Domain

"Domain

It happens to be one of the most frequently used words in almost every field of Science.

But it's quite zesty to know that despite having a very resembling definition in diverse themes that we have come to learn about, the pragmatic avail of domain is surprisingly very differently approached in desperate fields. Yet; In all of them, it's still related completely.

In mathematics, domain is generally used for the valid numbers that a mathematical fiunction could adapt.

In history, the domain is where a kingdom's validity and submission borders are accepted and respected.

In biology, the areas where a living creature is capable of surviving is usually considered a domain for that animal or plant or bacterium.

The main matter that is severely observant in these examples, is the fact that everywhere and anywhere, in all fields you have studied before, crossing one's borders and causing alternations will lead to nothing but repulsiveness. Which is not always followed by acceptable outcomes.

For example, in math you wouldn't be able to define the function. In history, you would end up in war and bloodbaths. In Biology you may lose something more precious than you ever came to notice, forever.

Earlier, we learned a new definition for domains in chemistry. The electron domains."

Kendall was amazed by how accurate Mr.Washington's explanation about domains was. She couldn't believe she had been too blind to notice this obvious yet irrelevant fact.
Repulsiveness.. She thought.

Mr. Parker would you please explain electron domains among atoms in Sodium chloride?"

Mr.Washington explained before turning his face toward the confident looking young man.

"We have an electron domain shared between them while chlorine holds three non paired electron domains." He illustrated confidently.

"Brilliant. I just noticed how distant from the class your attention has been since last session." He smiled politely before walking over to his desk. "You shall not leave the class after the period is over, Mr.Parker. We should talk, you and I."

The classroom was buried in ultimate silence. Not a single sound was made. One would definitely be able to hear the hearts beating out of chests and breaths heaving with discomfort and worry.

"Miss Jenner?" Mr.Washington shifted his attention to his favorite student. "Sodium chloride is a ionic composition with ionic bonds keeping the cations and anions together without any electron domains being shared between the two atoms." Mr.Washington nodded.

"When do I get the permission to speak of electron domains shared in a composition then?" He questioned.

"When an orbital is being shared between two atoms in a covalent bond, sir." He smiled with satisfaction.

"Which one then, would you say is stronger. A hydrogen bond? A ionic bond or a covalent bond?" He asked the whole class.

Various ideas swung around in the room once students were given the opportunity to talk. Most of them consisted of the ionic bond being the strongest of the three.

"Miss Jenner?" She lifted her head to focus on teacher's stern voice. "Yes sir?" He smiled slightly. Almost too slight to be noticed. "What are your thoughts?" Kendall straightened her figure a little bit.

"Covalent bond is stronger, sir."

"That is correct. As always." He complimented with a smirk.