Chapter 24: Is It Over?

It was his Eyes

Written by:

Sandra Pollock

Copyright.© 2011

All Rights Reserved

Not yet edited.

~~

Chapter 24:  Is It Over?

After spending an hour discussing how we could get the pedophile bastard out of the country, we concluded our best option: pure lies and manipulation. Considering he used the same method on Jolie for years, it seemed to fit. So, we were going to tell him Jolie would file charges against him; unless, he left the country, with the promise never to come back or attempt to contact her. Jeremy, and Derek decided to bar Ian, and I from the confrontation.

Ian, and I argued about this for a while before relenting. They convinced us, by pointing out the pedophile/bastard might sense our desperation for him to leave the country, and that we might not be able to stay in control if he started to refuse. They both promised us; they would drive him to the airport and personal see him walk through the security. Ian told them not to leave the security point until the flight was gone. We wanted to make sure he didn't just pretend to leave. Ian then, suggested they take a few hours to get some rest. It would be long time before they could get any rest, once the plan went into motion. Ian, and I created our own plan, and we went down to see the pedophile/bastard. We told him Jolie was talking with Jeremy, and Derek, said she refused to let us in on the conversation. This would plant a seed for their story, and hopefully he would think Jolie was worried that Ian, and I would never agree to 'her' plan. Ian and I sat in the room and talked among ourselves ignoring Brendan. We decided to discuss ways of getting rid of a body. Then of course, how to commit a murder without getting caught. I followed up with a few punches. I had to give him extras for Ian, since he was still bond to his promise. This seemed to make the bastard a little nervous. It should help the guys get his agreement sooner. Feeling a lot better, Ian and I woke up the guys up, got them some breakfast, and then filled them in with our contribution. Derek seemed a little surprised; however, Jeremy didn't. He had expected we would do something. We all seemed to agree; it was probably helpful, and definitely couldn't have hurt the plan. They would use us as leverage, telling him they would let us handle him. Ian and I loved that idea. Jeremy, and Derek went to the basement, leaving Ian, and I to clean up.

"Grey, I...wanted to thank you for all this. Your friends, well...I owe them so much; to think this is almost all over with, it's such a relief. I don't know what would have happened if you didn't come seeking your answers."

"Man, there is no reason to thank me! No matter what you say, this is my fault."

"You are being too hard on yourself. I still don't get how you're telling her your feelings set off her breakdown!"

"I'm not being too hard on myself. I knew as soon as it came out of my mouth, it was a mistake. She was not ready to hear it. I had no intentions of saying it; that's for sure. So, I doubt I could have controlled it either way. I take the blame because, it's mine to take. Even so, I do see there was a positive that came from my stupidity. However, I can never feel good about something that caused Jolie's pain."

"I disagree, but I see what you mean; however, you will never convince me that this wasn't the best thing for her. I might not understand why your feelings caused all this, but I do know it forced her to deal with the past. Yes, it caused pain; however, that pain was already there. She's been living with it for almost ten years; by herself, a secret, and  forced constantly seeing him, and fearing him. Now, she has us for support. Hopefully, we can get her professional help, also. Honestly, just knowing she will never have to face him again is so overwhelmingly comforting to me; I can't imagine what it will feel like for her."