Chapter 13: Greyson's Plan

So, this is pretty long. It's not very exciting but you will learn all about  Jolie and some surprises with Greyson and Jolie having something in common, besides basketball.

~~~~~~~~~~~

My two best friends should be pulling into my driveway any minute. They are coming to help me with my plan to force Jolie out of hiding. I can't be distracted once the season starts; therefore, I'm running out of time. Jolie's family has a lot of connections within the school system here, so she could be out the rest of the year without a problem. 

Derek, Jeremy, and I have been close friends since grade school. Even when we became interested in different things in life, we remained friends. Derek is into art, and owns an art gallery. Jeremy owns a hunting and fishing shop. Derek is a gigantic player; where as, Jeremy married at nineteen and has three kids already. I moved here two months ago, so I'm looking forward to hang out with them. With the three of us working together, we should find Jolie by the end of the weekend. I am on edge because I want to see her, now.

"So, Grey she's the one, huh?"

Jeremy asked with a smirk on his face.  I knew why he had a smirk; being as my reason for moving here was to avoid Momma's matchmaking. She was determined to have grandchildren; and, with me not even dating seriously she was impossible to deal with. I chuckle,

"Yep! without a doubt. I left home to only have her fall at my feet, here. Quite amazing, I know."

Both Jeremy and Derek laughed at that, I had told them everything that has happened with Jolie. Not even leaving out, the humiliating facts of chancing her around. They were dying to meet the girl that turned me into a whipped man even before we were a couple.

"I still can't believe you let her out run you! You wouldn't be in this predicament if you would have caught up with her. The shame bro!", Derek said this chuckling at my expense.

"Hey...  Don't judge until you see her; and, she is an extremely fast runner!"

"OK OK, lets not make me lose my dinner. I am so sick of hearing your love sick talk of her, you are becoming a chick. It's disgraceful.", Derek grumbled.

"Fine, I will just tell you everything I've learned this week. I was quite successful with the general information. It's just the friends that has me stumped. I can’t seem to find any here. Though, it's rumored she has quite a few from college, but they live elsewhere. But, I can't wait to see your reactions to some of the things. I know it blew me away, and I thought I knew the girl."

I now had intrigued them; so with them on the edge of their seats I cleared my throat and began,

"The family moved around some until settling here. They have deep southern roots and have never left the south. Jolie pretty much grew up here, she can't remember to much of the moving. She was rather young when they got here. It's a large family, like LARGE. She is the youngest of 10 kids."

I knew this was coming, I timed it perfecting. A drink comes spitting out spraying everywhere then the other choking on his. I laughed remembering my exact reaction.

"No showers please!”, I snickered.

“But yeah, that was my reaction too. Me being an only child and all. But getting back... There's six boys and four girls. Don't ask me the order; however, they named them alphabetically to help everyone out, I suppose. I have their names all written down, so no worries with that either.”

I took a sip of my coffee. I know my throat will be dry by the time this is over with.

 "I have spoken to just about everyone in this town, learning the family is well known. Pretty much considered famous. The fact that they had ten kids should put them in the famous category, I suppose. All the boys were major football players in high school and college. Every single kid went to University of Alabama even the girls, except for Jolie. Her sisters, all football cheerleaders. So, basically they lived and breath the sport, apparently. By the way, I had noticed it's like that with a lot of this people here. So, do you know the Petters brothers that play in the NFL?"