Chapter 15: The Truth Hurts

The chap is Jolie's story

It contains sexual assault just so your warned~

All Right's Reversed. Copyright. 2011

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ian I never knew you could cook like that! Very impressive, I know Anna Grace must love it."

"Oh whatever Sis, I know you are stalling. It's time to fess up!"

"You know, Ian it's not the easiest thing to do!" I said that with a glare, he gave me a sheepish look,

"Sis I know, I'm sorry it's been ten years. I try, but just  get a little impatient is all. Come here, let's sit on the couch together. I'll have my arm around you the whole time. I promise no more pushing."

He kissed my forehead pulling me to the couch. I flopped down, he pulled me over so that my back was against him.  He put both arms around me making me feel safe.I thought of Greyson for a split second but erased him away quickly. My brother was the best, he knew that it would be easier for me to know he couldn't see my face. The hardest part was the first thing I had to do before telling him what happened, getting his promise.  It was a long time ago, I will not drag this into court and have everyone know. and judge me.  If it was an issue of other victims or it happening again, I would put myself thru the humiliation. But, I knew without a doubt, it was isolated to me. I can see the remorse in his eyes when he looks at me; however, I still see the lust. He interested has not changed, it's a shame.  It would be so much easier for me, if that lust was gone from his eyes. I sighed, it was time.

"Ian, I have finally put this behind me. The nightmares will not happen again.  There is no need to worry about that anymore.  Why it took this long for me to face it, I don't know. But, I do know it has ended this day.  So, with that said I will tell you everything you want to know with as much detail as I can handle; however, I must get a promise from you first."

"Of course, I will promise anything, Jol you know that! He squeezed me reassuring me he meant it.

"You must promise not to tell anyone; especially, the family. You can not confront any that was involved, and you will have to except my decision to keep it a secret. I will not bring charges ever."

That got me a jerk forcing me around to look at him. He looked me straight in the eyes pleading with me,

"Jolie, that is crazy! It's not right. Don't make me promise that. Please Jolie, I will promise not to say anything; but, I know enough to know there should be consequences for whoever it is. And it seems there even might be another person involved? You said anyone involved! This is a serious crime, no matter who they are!  It's been ten years for christs sake. You never dated like a normal teenager, you don't even let guys have a chance. Please, I will promise anything but that!"

Of course, I knew this would be his reaction, I looked him in the eye showing him a was not bending with my decision. I started to get up to leave. I grabbed onto me holding me tighter. He looked at me then suddenly started hugging me.

"Don't Jolie! Look, I'm sorry. You are just asking too much...Fine, I promise. But I want it noted, I strongly disagree with this!"

"OK Bro, I will take note of that", I laughed at him which only caused him to slam me back against him, squeezing me letting me know he was unhappy.  The tension I felt in his body was intense. But, I guess who wouldn't be at this point.  I cleared my throat, erased all emotion so it would feel as I talking about someone other than myself, and began.

"You might not remember exactly when it was, but it was the summer that the Logan's had taken Beth overseas for medical treatment.  Brendan moved back into their house to watch over Brittany and little Becks. I was fourteen, not quite ten years ago. Britt was in love with Asher. Of course, everyone knows that. She followed him around everywhere dragging me along with her."