Chapter 9: The Cat Caught the Mouse

It's been several days since the storage room, near disaster. Since that day, we have developed some kind of cat and mouse game. Unfortunately, I am the mouse! His goal seems to be to get me alone. Mine being of course, not to be caught. My childhood comes as an advantage in times like this. I am very good at hiding and squeezing myself out in tough spots. Example, Greyson has only been able to catch me during lunchtime; however, it's not in my room. No, I now eat very publicly. Right smack in the middle of the cafeteria. This brings him great agony and me some much needed entertainment. Though, one drawback is that now everyone has noticed his preference to be with me. But considering, I get to watch his discomfort it seems worth the evil eyes from all females in his drooling club. Like today, he was trying his best to have a conversation with me. (not that I would have participated) The girls noticed this and one of them decided the best diversion would be spilling her drink on his lap. This created her and other one trying to clean up his lap. I giggled a little to loud, his face turned bright red. I'm still not sure if it was from embarrassment or anger. He did get me this look like, 'I'm so paying you back for this humiliation. I cocked my eyebrow at him. I mean seriously, it wasn't my fault. If he would have just refrained from trying to chat with me it wouldn't have happened. Putting aside my fun of seeing him try he best to get rid of his fan club,I did need to put a stop to it. The dodging is becoming a nuisance. I mean I feel like some criminal or spy sneaking around everywhere. The leaving school was the worst. He parked wherever I did no matter what. So, racing to my car and pulling out before he could reach me was becoming more and more difficult.

As 7th period bell rang, I was jolted out of my daydreaming. So, I start packing up quickly. I was annoyed when I looked up to see Mary Jane. That girl really needed to get a life! I without my sigh, 

"Did you need something, Mary Jane?" I said rather nicer than I thought I was capable. This could cause a huge kink in my dash to leave.

"Err. Um hmm... Yeah.", she mumbles out. I keep waiting for her to finish but seems that's all she is going to say.

"Well, I don't read minds my dear, so spit it out." My patience is long gone. It's been a long day, week for that matter and she's screwing it up.

"Oh! Sorry, I was just hmm wondering when the term paper was due.", she seemed serious but I was about to pop the girl in the head. She knew that the schedule was on her hand out, along with its written on the board. I turn to the board then turn to look at her with my eyebrow lifted.

"Oh, right. I will just copy that down.", she said digging in her backpack. I just roll my eyes and finish packing up. Ten minutes later she is just now pulling out a pen to write it down.  

"Mary Jane! What is up with you? It's Friday, I've got to go. Do you not have the hand out I gave y'all?" I asked, completely exasperated with her.

"Err Well, I can't seem to find it?" It was more a question than a statement. I'm going to pull her hair out! I stomp back to my storage room and look for the hand outs. Ugh! I can't seem to enter this stupid room without thinking about what almost happened. Shaking my head I gave what I need and shove it in her hand.

"Oh, thanks Ms. P!", she gives me a huge smile oblivious to my irritation and to my utter exasperation she just stands there looking at me.

"Is that all? Because I'd really like to go home now!" I give my evil eye letting her know it had better be all she needs. She glances up at the clock then smiles. Then grabbing her stuff.

"Yep! That should do the job, thanks Ms. P have a nice weekend." She strolls out of my room.

I stood there a second wondering if she had been hanging with the druggies lately. She used to be a somewhat normal teenager! I glance at the clock to see how much time she wasted. Heck Fire! It's 3:45 totally not good! I jump over a stair and grab my stuff and run down the hall. Luckily, it's completely empty so I didn't have to worry about people thinking I'm crazy. I mean, they pretty much already think that anyway, no need to add to that fire.  Once I get to the entrance of the school, I start walking just in case someone's around. I walk out to an empty parking lot. Yep, gotta love Fridays. It's the only time students and teachers agree. Freedom!  I glance up to where I parked while digging for my keys and stop. I blink and try to clear my head. There sitting in front of me is my car. By it's self, no cars around at all. The black BMW is not sitting beside it. I'm stunned at first, then I get all excited. He has finally given up! Probably moved on the Ms. Terrance or Melanie the girl that was wiping his 'lap' today.  I was sorta disappointed at that thought. I was starting to think maybe he wasn't a player. I mean, he had the moves, but he definitely was only showing interest in me. That's not common for players, right? Then I frown at myself, what does it matter. It's not like you wanted anything to happen with him. You have been avoiding him at all costs, right. I pushed all thoughts out of my head and just focused on the fact that I didn't have to jump and run. Once I'm getting close enough I click my keyless entry turning off the alarm and unlocking the doors.