Chapter 11: Brotherly Love

I am awakened by loud pounding, I am disoriented and look around to see I'm on my bathroom floor. I hear the pounding again. It's my front door, dang are they trying to knock my door in? Then everything comes rushing back. Shits fire! I know it is probably Greyson, I am not ready to deal with him right now. I panic trying to figure out what I can do. The pounding starts again with yelling, but from upstairs in my closed bathroom you can't understand anything. I just don't have the energy to get up. I just pray he doesn't tear down my door and goes away. I lay my head back down on the floor and let sleep take me over again.

I open my eyes to black nothing. My heart starts racing and I scramble off the floor. My mind clears and I calm down realizing where I was and what have happened. It must be in the middle of the night. I start to panic again trying to hear if the pounding had stopped. I reached for the light switch turning it on. I look at myself in the mirror, I look horrible. My eyes are so puffy they almost look closed. Honestly, I look like someone kicked my ass. I almost chuckle at myself even with feeling completely empty inside, so not even a smile comes on my face. I just stand there staring into the mirror, yet seeing nothing. Finally, I come out of my dazed emptiness. I probably had been standing there for a half an hour. But, now my mind is clearer. I have to do damage control but I'm clueless on how I can accomplish it. I have to talk to Ian. He is the only person I'm willing to help me deal with this. I can't face Greyson not anytime soon. Ian will also be able to help me understand what is in my head right now. I honestly don't know what's real anymore. I'm about to open the bathroom door, I pause and turn the light out first. I don't want anyone to know I'm in the house. Greyson is probably long gone but I can't risk running into him. So, I fumble through my room. I get a bag and some clothes not really knowing what I'm getting. After I get everything and zip my bag up. I look for my cell. Please tell me I still have it. Of course not! It's in Greyson's house. My flippin car is in his driveway. What the hell am I gonna do. I try to calm myself so I can think rationally. Finally I figure out what I need to do.

I grab my house phone, I look at the time. It's 2:00 am. I call the school, leaving a message I have a family emergency. Since, it will record the time I called I'm sure they'll think it must have been something bad. Next I dial Ian's cell waiting for him to pick up.

"What the hell? Who is this?" 

I hear my favorite brother grumble in my ear. Just hearing his voice makes me feel better. I chuckle a little,

"yo, chill! It's your favorite sister."  

I actually am able to make a small smile.

"Jol? What the hell? Who's phone is this? Sis, you do realize it's 2 f'ing in the morning!" 

He can't muster up a angry tone even though I knew he tried.

"I'm sorry bro! It's my house phone. I don't have my cell at the moment. I'm screwed up and need your help." 

I hold back the tears that want to start coming again. I take a shaky deep breath.

"Your drunk?" 

He asked that in a bewildered voice. He knew me well, I never did anything that would cause me to lose control. Drinking messes your brain up. You can't think clearly so the most I have ever done is a beer or glass of wine. Nothing to slow down my logic.

"Of course not, dork! If it was only that simple. And no I'm not in jail. I just need to come stay with you and we will talk about it all later, so can I come? Like right now?" 

I could hear him scrambling out of his bed. I heard some mumbling and just realized he probably had his girlfriend over. I heard a door shut they he sounded completely awake now.

"OK Jol, your starting to scare me. What is going on? Don't tell me to wait either! Start talking now."

I grumble at him and with a huge sigh I confess,

"It's about those nightmares." 

I wait a second, then he just asked,

"Where are you? I'm coming to get you, now."

I feel relief run through me, he would make this all go away. He always did.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

sorry it's short but I'm going to give you Greyson's side next.  

So, I will get back to Jolie after that.

Hope you like:)