Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Heeyaaa, readers! You have come this far so this means you like where this is going, huh?

Aw, I’m feeling the love! Please keep showing your support and leave a feedback so I can keep improving!

Much Love, Riela.

....................

 (RECAP)

“LEAH!” Stephen shouted, “I'M COMING DOWN!” He was holding the child on him, trying to keep absolutely still. His hand was on the back of the kid's head and the kid's legs was wrapped around his waist.

I shouted back, “JUMP ON THREE!”

“ONE!” We prepared ourselves, including Stephen.

“TWO!” We all looked up at the breath-taking moment.

“THREE!!”

..................

Everything around me seemed to be going in slow motion. Some girls slowly shriek in terror, some guys stood by with anxious look on their faces. Stephen and the kid were high up in the mid-air, slowly coming down. Some of us couldn’t afford to panic when there are two people whose lives are literally in our hands. How they live or die depends on what we do next.

I can't deny the terrified look on their face, knowing the fact that there are two lives in our hands. I can't deny the fact that we don't know if they will live or die. We had never had this incident before and we don't know how to deal with it. I can't guarantee if they will fall without a scratch or a broken bone. But I’d like to believe that with team work, their lives will be saved. With or without a scratch or a broken bone. At least it's better than falling to their death.

That’s what I’m thinking and yet...

The fear in my heart that still pumps rapidly and continuously. It wouldn't fade away. I thought of the worst, imagining it. A life without him would be like a life without a soul. Deep within my heart, I prayed. I prayed hard for the safety of my rival.

My arch nemesis.

My best friend.

My love.

Heart pounding like mad, ringing into my ears in an intense deep rhythm. Every seconds of it felt like an endless torture. Like he was falling from the bottomless pit. It felt like death was coming near. The fear that I had ignored the whole time came rushing into my body and it petrified me. I shut my eyes tight closed during his jump as I panicked midway.

[*thump*]

I was scared.