Chapter 17

A/N: Hey Guys! I'm sorry if this chapter is a little shorter than usual but I hope you enjoy it nonetheless. Oh, and how's your week been? I hope it's going wonderfully for you all =D

Pewds’ P.O.V

My head lay against the steering wheel. My eyes remained closed. My hands gripped onto the dashboard and I let myself slip into the silence that wrapped around me.

This was....such a mess. Joe had created such a mess.

All I wanted was to forget but I couldn’t stop remembering...remembering how Cry had forced himself into the room, how Joe had begun laughing and how Ken had walked up to me, whispering in my ear, “I told you, Pewds. I warned you about Cry.”

“What the fuck do you think you’re doing?” I’d yelled...And then it all exploded. He started demanding answered, hiding behind that mask of his while I was fully exposed. He’d heard everything...he must have already had some idea of what I was, of what I’d done. But he could never guess the true horrors of my past. No...If it wasn’t for Joe he still wouldn’t know the full extent of it. But Joe had insisted, pushing himself off the wall and stumbling over to Cry.

“Let me tell you,” he’d pleaded. “Let me tell you what they’ve done.”

Cry hadn’t even objected. He just stared down at Barrel and nodded his head.

I gripped the wheel tightly, feeling my fingers grow numb as I remembered the words Joe had announced so casually. “They’re both killers...Hitmen...they were paid to murder people. There was story after story. The police would find the body but there was never any trace of who killed them...they were like ghosts. Pewds was the killer and Ken cleaned up the crime scene until there was nothing but a body left.”

Even through Ken and I shouting at him to shut up, saying it was all lies, Cry still managed to hear Joe’s words. And he just stood there.

“I’ll wait for you in the car,” Cry had finally said and then he just disappeared.

Of course, when Ken and I rushed out of Joe’s club and ran to the car park, Cry wasn’t in the car. He was nowhere...and I couldn’t blame him. There was a reason I kept my past a secret; It’s easy for people to hate you when they know all your darkest secrets, and although Cry doesn’t know everything I’ve had to do...what he does know is bad enough.

“Pewds?”

I turned a little and opened my eyes, watching Ken climb into the car. “He must have walked home,” he told me.

“What if he’s gone to the police?” I found myself asking.

“I told you to be careful around him, Pewds, but I don’t think he’d do that. I only warned you because I know how you get...”