Chapter 3

A/N: Hey Guys! Sorry for the lack of updates last week. The weather has been amazing which is very rare for where I live so I've been out in the real world  enjoying it =P I'll try and get back on track with updates from now on. Sorry for the delay!

Pewds’ P.O.V       

The minute I stepped through the door at the side of the huge building I was deafened by booming music, the thumping of bouncing feet and bombarded by a million conversations. A few months ago I wouldn’t have even noticed the noise, but then again, I was here 24/7 a few months ago. Only lately have I been ‘slacking’ and spending more time at my crappy apartment than here at the club with my best mate, Ken.

We’d built this place two years back, at the age of 20 after we both stumbled into some money...a couple hundred grand set us up nicely and the income from the club was more than enough. Business associates often ask how the money fell into our hands but we lie, saying we inherited it. If anyone knew the truth, our business would fall apart. The guys we work with don’t appreciate those with a criminal past and I’m glad of that....glad that part of my life it now over.

I pushed my way through the throng of drunken dancing, nodding at the bartenders and casually waving at the DJ when he noticed me.

The strobe lights flew around the room, leaving me slightly disorientated...damn, I need to get back into the swing of things.

“Ah, you’ve finally found us worth your time,” Ken called as I pushed my way into the back room after hurrying up the metal stairs at the back of the building. I ignored his comment, falling down onto the plush, red couch in the middle of the room and staring at the large fish tank.

Why did we even get that?

“Pewds!”

I turned my head, giving him a look, and watching as he stood up from the desk and threw a pile of papers my way. I held my hands up, shielding myself from the documents.

“What the fu-“

“We need a new bartender, look through the applications and pick one,” he ordered. I raised a brow, flicking the sheet off my shoulder and stretching my arms out on the back of the sofa.

“Remember when this used to be fun?” I asked him, allowing a small smirk to cross my lips. I could see from his eyes that he remembered perfectly well how it used to be when we first opened this place, when we used to work behind the bar ourselves, when we used to DJ ourselves...actually talk to the clients. That’s what I loved but Ken had begun hiring people to do all the fun stuff for us.

“I want to do it.”

“What?” he asked and leaned forward.

“I want to work behind the bar. Come on, Ken...”

He shook his head, laughed a little at me. Wait a minute...

“Are you wearing a purple suit?” I exclaimed, shocked that I hadn’t noticed the ridiculous outfit until now. A black shirt was half fastened across his chest as tightly fitted purple trousers clung to his legs.

I cocked my head to the side, frowning.

“Knock it off,” he warned.

“Well then, get your purple ass downstairs and we’ll have fun again. I never wanted this to be all about papers and being stuck in this room. It’s fucking depressing!”

“Okay, okay...just tonight,” he gave in, making me grin widely. I jumped up, grabbing his hand and pulling him out the room.

This was going to be fucking awesome!