Chapter 18

A/N: Hey Guys. Finally, another chapter of Shy. I know, I know, I haven't updated this in awhile but I've tried to make it a little longer to apologise for that. Although, I don't know what it is but I'm feeling a little iffy about this one. I'm usually quite happy with a chapter before I post it but...I don't know. Maybe it's just because I'm sleepy.  Anyway, I'm sorry if it isn't up to scratch. I'll make sure the next one it better =)

Cry’s P.O.V

 A hushed chatter outside my room caused me to wake from a dreamless sleep. Yet, I refused to open my eyes. I didn’t want to get up this morning.

I could pick out Shy’s voice outside, talking quietly to someone I couldn’t quite hear, not until my door opened slowly. Gentle steps crossed my room and I kept my eyes closed, pretending to be asleep, even when the bed dipped a little and I felt someone lying beside me above the sheets.

“Cry?” a voice whispered. Was that....?

“Minx?”

I opened my eyes to find her facing me on her side, her hand resting beneath her head like a pillow. She gave me a smile when she saw me looking. “Why are you in my bed?”

My question made her eyes crinkle while she laughed, rolling onto her back and holding her stomach as she sent her hysteria towards the ceiling. She was a lot less angry than I thought she would be; she didn’t seem mad at all about being left last night. In fact, she seemed happier than usual.

I pulled myself up and leaned against the bedpost. Shy was lingering at the door, a frown on his face as he looked from me to the hysterical woman in my bed.

“This is Minx,” I told him. He nodded his head and raised his brows a little before disappearing from my door and switching the TV on.

“Oh my God,” Minx chuckled and wiped the tears from her eyes as she sat up with me.

“What’s wrong?” I found myself asking, more than a little confused by how she was acting. I watched in silence as she composed herself, as she turned to face me and crossed her legs. A large smile skipped across her lips and I couldn’t help but smirk back at her.

“Nothing’s wrong. Everything great,” she told me. “Everything’s perfect.”

“Oh yeah?”

“Yeah.”

“Why’s everything so wonderful?” I asked, curious to why her night had been so much better than mine had. Maybe I should have stayed with Minx and the girl she’d ran into last night....wait...

“I think I might have met the most amazing girl on this earth,” she replied, confirming the suspicion that had just clicked inside my head.

“Ohhh.”

“I’m not even being overdramatic about this. She was just...urgh...just amazing.”

I found myself smiling at her again, not knowing whether to find this side of Minx adorable or worrying. I was worried that she’d bite my head off this morning for leaving her behind when I doubt she even realised I was gone.

“Is this the girl you met at Joe’s club?”

“Yeah, we met and then...she seduced the fuck out of me,” she sighed loudly, making me laugh at her choice of words.

“Hmm, I know the feeling,” I smirked and she shook her head at me.

“Anyway, what happened last night?” she asked as I got out of bed and made my way towards the bathroom. I wanted to tell her everything I’d heard, but the memory of the promise I’d made last night crept into my head, making me feel guilty for even thinking of saying anything.