Chapter 11

Hey Guys! Sorry for the delay on this update, but I've been away on holiday and all that stuff. I'm back now though and hopefully updates will go back to normal. Thanks for being so understanding =)

Pewds’ P.O.V

Pushing the doors open, I stepped into the lively club, already filled with the music from the band that never seemed to let me down. Bright strobe lights flashed around the crazed dance floor and it seemed that word of the bands appearance had got around town. It was already heaving with people, considering how early it was.

My eyes glanced around the room quickly before they found Ken, who seemed to be happily working behind the bar, laughing at something Minx had said, and watching the band intently. Since I’d met Minx at her interview I’ve thought a lot of her. She was a hard worker, very loyal to the club, and Cry seemed to hit it off with her.

“Ken!” I called, trying to sound calm, trying to hide the nervousness I’d been feeling since my run-in with Jennifer and Joe a few minutes ago.

She was still with him.

Jennifer.

“Hey, buddy,” Ken chuckled, turning to me and showing a familiar face, tinged blue from the lights.

“Hi, Pewds,” Minx smirked and I nodded to her, needing to get Ken alone so I could tell him.

“I need a word.”

Ken’s eyebrows fused together, but he quickly threw the towel under the bar and followed me to the corner of the room where I pushed a door open, stepping into the small corridor that led to the side entrance.

Cry leaned against the wall, waiting for us to join him, but I knew...I couldn’t tell Ken about Joe with Cry here.

First things first.

“Cry’s lost his mask.”

The next half an hour was spent searching the club for his mask but it was nowhere, not behind the bar, or on the floor, or in the office, or...anywhere. He must have lost it at home, either that or someone found it when they arrived here and took it. That white plastic was pretty popular here after all.

“Any luck?” Cry asked as I retreated into the corridor once again.

The panic in his eyes was clear and he was playing with his fingers anxiously. A part of me wanted to lie and say I had just to calm him down but I knew that’d be pointless. He’d know I’d have lied straight away.

“No. It’s not here,” I told him, hearing the long and frustrated sigh that left his lips.