Chapter 19

A/N: Hey Guys! I'm just going to say a quick apology if this chapter is shorter than it usually is. It takes me awhile to write sections like this. I like to be satisfied with them before posting =)

Pewds' P.O.V

The days passed by slowly after that. Hours began to feel much longer than they had before and I found myself sitting in the office at the club, scanning over mountains of papers and bills just to fill the time. I even began checking the calendar every morning, counting the days since Cry had found out. Four days, nine days, eleven day, sixteen....soon weeks passed and Cry had hardly spoken a word to me. He'd greet me when he came into work, and say goodbye if I was lingering around before he left. I tried walking home with him but a silence stretched out, making it uncomfortable. I knew he had more questions, questions he chose not to ask.

When he wasn't at work he'd be out. Minx told me he was spending a lot of time with Russ and Scott, that the three of them had grown pretty friendly over the past few weeks, and the few times I gone to his apartment, hoping to build bridges, Shy had answered the door and told me that Cry was out with them, or Cry had answered and told me that he couldn't speak right now, that he was on his way out. Then he'd chat with me for a moment as I walked back down to my floor...but it was always rushed, always so rehearsed.

Ken told me to just leave him be, that he'll come around eventually. I'd just nod, pretending it didn't bother me half as much as it really did. But Ken could see through it all. And so could Jennifer.

She was still extremely angry at me, still broken from that night two years ago that none of us have ever spoken about, but she promised that she'd stay away from Cry... as long as he kept quiet.

I could hear her now. "You know that I love you, Pewdie, but right now I hate you so damn much." But she'd come around too. I'd grown up with her, with Ken. Things have constantly changed in my life, but the two of them have always been there. We're all in the same boat, and when we get flooded we all hold each other above water. They're my family. My only family.

"Pewds?"

I glanced up from my computer to find Minx standing in the doorway of my office. I beckoned her over and she chuckled as she walked to me, shaking her head at Ken who was napping on the sofa.

"It looks like you've switched places," she teased and pulled a chair up in front of my desk. I managed to give her a smile, forcing it onto my lips.

"Is everything okay?" I asked.

The music continued to blare from downstairs, and the loud shouting of people could be heard as Minx dropped down onto the chair and held my gaze. She leaned towards me, resting an elbow on my glossy desk, and tilting her head.

"I need a favour."

My eyes narrowed at her and I sat up a little straighter. Ken snored loudly from across the room as he turned over on the sofa but Minx kept her eyes on me.

"Would it be alright if I took a weekend off in a few weeks weeks?" she asked, surprising me with the simplicity of her request. I'd been expecting her to ask for something ridiculous.

"Yeah, Minx. That's fine," I chuckled before turning back to the computer and retreating back to sorting through the files.

Minx jumped up happily and called her thanks before she rushed out the room, leaving me alone with another boring night of work. But just when I thought I was trapped, Minx backed up and waved to me.