6¤Discrimination

~What Would You Do?~

Im almost 7 months pregnant, in a baby store with Tania. We needed to get stuff for when the baby is here; which apparently we still need a lot of things.

I stand in an isle near the door looking at strollers. They were on the top shelf, making it hard to look at them, but we managed. Some were to big and some didnt look comfortable. We continue looking at things, Tania still looking at strollers and me on the other side of the isle, looking at clothes, on a shelf that was more of a half shelf, where you could see over to the next isle; it was a pretty small store.

"So, you guys are... lesbians?" I hear a worker say to, apparently, lesbians. I look up and he seems to have a disgusted look on his face. I stare at him trying to convince them that thats wrong.

"Oh, I just dont... believe in that" he says, shrugging. My eyes widen at his statement and my mouth opens, in shock of his words, "Ill sell it to you because I have to le-"

"Sir? Sir" I say aloud, over the isle to him. My arms rests on the top shelf, which is about my arm level. He turns to look at me and so does the couple, "I dont think that you should be telling them your opinion, because to be completely honest, I dont think they give a single fuck" I say looking at him dumbfounded. He has a right to say whatever he wants, but that is harassment.

"Oh, no. Im just telling them that, their choice is not of my interest or belief" he says looking from me to the couple, again, shrugging.

"Well, I dont think that anybody cares that its not of your interest or belief, because frankly no one asked you. They came in here looking for things to care for a baby, that is rightfully theirs. They didnt come in here for your opinion or discrimination" I say, my voice getting higher, along with my anger; which made Tania start noticing. She turned around to us and put her hand, gently on my back. I dont look at her because I know shes going to tell me to calm down. But surprisingly she doesnt.

"Mister, you need to back off" she says, looking between them. Her hand is kept on my back, while her other hand goes up to her ear and rubs the edge with her fingers.

"Here" I say, moving around the small isle to their side, "why dont I help you? Ive bought most of these, anyway" I stand beside them, starting to look at the different types, with experience. They are my go-to baby shower gift. My mom gave one to me for mine, "what kind are you loo-"

"Dont you and your friend think that this is wrong?" He says, pointing at me then Tania. I look back at Tania and point.

"Her?" I say, furrowing my eyebrows, looking back at him, "well, shes my wife so, no" I put my hand back down and glare at him. He raises him hands in surrender and backs away to the counter, "I am so sorry you had to hear that. I mean thats wrong"

(Im not doing the thing where the host comes out from the back cause fuckthat)