18¤Friend

~Carnival~

"Ohhhh cotton candy" I say, dragging Y/F/N with me to the cotton candy stand. My arm was wrapped around hers as I make my way over to the stand, which didnt have much of a line.

"Hi, can I get two please?" I say with money already in my hand. Not long after I take them in my hand and paid for them. We walk away and I hand one to Y/F/N. I take some off of mine and put it in my mouth, giggling as it melts in my mouth.

I look over to see a girl, woman to be exact, standing with a group. She looked so cute with that hat on, I wonder if she wears it often. Oh, she looked at me.

"Hey, don't look right now, but there's a cute girl by the popcorn stand"

"What where?" For fucks sake.
"Uhhh, I told you not to look, why the hell would you-"
"Hey, I know her"
"What?!"
"Yeah, we went to school together for a couple years" She looked at me and I glanced toward the woman. Yup, still looking- act cool.

"Hey!" Y/F/N yelled toward the woman, waving her over. My eyes grew as I hit her arm.

"Why would you do that?! You know I'm- hi, I'm Y/N" I cut my sentence short when the woman got to us. She smiled and shook my hand.

"Im Tania, but my friends call me Tan" she looked at me for a while before deciding that it was awkward and said hi to Y/F/N.

"So what brings you here? Thought you moved to Australia?" Y/F/N asks to Tania, as she glances towards me.

"Work, I'm only here for a few months before going back" Aww.

"Oh look, I think I see my friend over there. I'll just leave you two to talk" I was about to say something to stop her, but she was already leaving, waving as she rushed away.

There was a silence before I thought to make it less awkward for at least one of us.

"Uhm, how do you like it here so far?"