17¤Different

~Hidden Figures~
(Place setting is 1940's)

~Hidden Figures~(Place setting is 1940's)

Today was the day. Today, John Glenn was going into orbit, making today a very big day because I lived in the town where he was being launched from. I am currently at the vinyl shop a couple blocks down from the launch site.

For most people, rock music is for boys, but I like to think of it as a form of expression for everyone. I feel somebodys presence next to me, so I look, almost expecting a boy or man even, but, instead, I see a woman. She was wearing a leather jacket and glasses. Her whole outfit had consisted of black, which, nobody knew this, was kind of my type. Most people see me as a preppy little girl, but they probably didn't know me.

 Most people see me as a preppy little girl, but they probably didn't know me

She glanced at me as a stared at her through the corner of my eye. I look back down to the vinyls and pick one out to read the list. She looks over and looks at the vinyl cover.

"Thats a good band" she says pointing at it, looking between the vinyl and me. I smiled and went to go play it. Once it played, I walk back over to her side.

"So, stranger? What brings you to town? Never seen you around these parts" I say leaning on the vinyls, looking up at her. She was still looking through the vinyls as she talked occasionally pulling one out.

"My aunt. Never been here, but its always nice to travel" she smiles my way as I smile back.

"Well, you came on a big day. Today, Friendship 7 is launched into orbit" I glance at the clock and see it was almost 9:30, "oh my gosh"

"What? Whats happening?" She said confused, looking at me with concern.

"The launch is starting come on!" I grab her hand and pull her outside the store and start pulling her to the left. She stops me before I get far, "come on we gotta see it!"

"I have a ride" she pulls me to her motorcycle and sits in front. She motions for me to sit in the back and I hesitate, "you want to see it, don't you?"

I groan and get onto the back of the bike, holding her around her waist. I grab on tightly with one hand as my other grabs onto my hat to keep it in place, as we zoom down the road to the site. We get there and see many other cars, and that the launch has barely started.

I keep my eyes on the rocket as I moved all the way up into the sky. All the way until it was out of my sight. I was still so amazed that I kept my eyes on the sky. Never have I ever seen a launch until now.

"Hey, um, I never got your name"

"Y/N"

"Tania"

(A/N: procrastination at its finest, also I went out with my friends today looking so tumblr and aesthetic but bitch ass weather was so fucking cold that i had to wear a sweater the whole time, pps on the way home i was freezing and thought i was gonna get kidnapped ByE)