19¤One Knee

~Proposing~

Today was just another day. Tania was in the office and I was doing my writing at home. I didn't know when Tania was going to come home, she said she would be working late, but I didn't know how late. She said she wanted to do something special, but I don't know what.

I was getting ready, with my dress, hair and makeup all done, as I tried to find the right shoes. I was too busy trying to find my shoes that I didn't notice Tania come in. She came up behind me and grabbed my waist, making me jump.

"Hey" I whine as I finally grab the right shoes, "not fair" she chuckles and lets go, going to get ready. I sit on the bed and put on my shoes, making sure they are on right, before telling Tan that I would be downstairs.

I go downstairs and grab my purse and grabbing my phone from inside. I was about to text my best friend, when I hear a ring come from the kitchen. I walk over and see Tanias phone, picking it up. I look at the notification and see it was from one of Tanias friends.

'Good luck tonight. I haven't told her anything'

What does that even mean? Is Tan cheating? No that makes no sense, Tan is with me tonight, she would never. I trust Tan, and I trust that she would have the dignity to tell me if she was cheating.

I put her phone down and walk over to the couch, texting my bff. After texting her/him, saying that I was about to go out with Tan, I hear Tan coming down the stairs. I see her in a button up, a blazer and some skinny jeans, and of course, her hat. I giggle and hug her as she comes to stand in front of me.

"What are you laughing at?" She says, smiling. I grin and shrug, pecking her on the lips, and moving away towards the door. She tells me to wait a second while she gets her phone. When she comes back, we head out and lock the door. We go to our car, Tan driving, and we blast the radio, mostly classic rock.

The drive isn't that long, so we get their soon. When we get there, Tan comes around and opens my door. I giggle again and grab her hand, walking into the restaurant. We walk in hand in hand and I notice people staring. I'm okay with the staring, it gives me a sense of pride.

We get escorted to our table, where the waiter asks for our drinks. Tan whispers something to him and he nods, looking over at me waiting. I ask for a lemonade with ice and he nods, before walking back to the kitchen. I give Tan a questioning look and she just shrugs me off, picking up the menu, me going the same thing.

"What are you getting?" I ask her, she again shrugs; this was getting annoying. I guess she sensed my annoyance and reached over to grab my hand, squeezing it reassuringly.

We order and we wait.  We start talking about work and the party we went to last weekend. Tan told me she has been working on a big project for a couple weeks. Though I asked, she wouldn't tell me what.

The waiter came to the table with our food and set it down. He left, and we continued talked, eating meanwhile. We soon finished our food and the waiter came to get our plates. Just as he was leaving, Tania stopped him. She whispered something into his ear and he nodded, continuing to the back.

"What was that about?" I ask, raising an eyebrow. I thought she couldn't get more suspicious. Proves I'm a dope.

"Just wanted a little champagne" she smiled at me, looking around to the back. I don't know what's going on, but it was sure getting to me.

"You had to whisper it to him?" I raise both my eyebrows to emphasize more. Her smile fades and she was about to talk, before the bottle of champagne was placed in the bucket with ice.

The waiter opened the bottle and poured some into Tania's glass. He went to put some in mine, but I shook my head. I never really liked champagne.

"Come on, it's special" Tan begged. I roll my eyes and give in. The waiter pours some into my glass. I looked away from the table to the street outside the window. This date was going south, rapidly.

Tan clears her throat and I look over to see her raising her glass, in a 'cheers' fashion. I roll my eyes and look away again. She pleads again, which again, I give into. I grab the glass and raise it, lazily clinking it onto hers.

I raise the glass to my lips and sip. I tasted just like every other champagne I've  ever tasted. Suddenly, I feel something on my lip. I lower the glass and see something floating in the drink.

A ring.

(The emphasis omg) I look up and look at Tan, who is already looking at me. My mouth opened a bit, shocked mostly. I looked back down at the drink. I reach into the glass and get it, looking at it between my fingers.

I see Tan stand up and move over to my side. She grabs the ring gently and gets down on one knee. I feel the tears gather at the edge of my eyes as my vision goes blurry.

"Y/N, I love you with all my heart. I can't imagine my life without you. Yeah, I know cheesy, but as cheesy as it may be, it is the truth. I want you to be with me when I'm all old and wrinkly to tell me I smell like farts and old cheese" I chuckle a bit through the tears, some streaming down my face, "Y/N, will you marry me?"

I nod my head quickly, not wanting to choke on my voice. She stands up to hug me and puts the ring on my finger.

"I'm glad this ended better than the date was going because I probably would've been mad at you forever."
"But you love me."
"And you love me."

(A/N: I suck big dicks. I suck at writing, even though this is like a thousand words (legit). My life has been a wreck, I've been having to go to summer school for three weeks. It was literal prison: no music, no phone, no rest, we had to bring our own food, everything was fucking quiet af, and everything was on the computer, but everything (except cyberhigh)(cyberhigh is to get credits back) was blocked. And I have no motivation to do legit anything so if you keep voting that would mean I notice that everyoe else notices I'm a lazy piece of shit and write. Sorry again, happy forth of july (which was filled with watching the first season of the last airbender))