Chapter 19

~Demi's P.O.V~

"You're back!" Selena excitedly yelled as she rushed to the door and I laughed at her childish behavior.

"Hey Selly." I chuckled and pat her head lightly as we embraced each other in a tight hug.

"You are never allowed to go to another country, city, continent, island, or anything in between again. I've been so bored." She exaggerated her point and I laughed again as Joe had appeared at the door with my bags.

"Hey Sel." He greeted and Selena gave him a playful scoff and eye roll.

"Don't ever steal her away from me again. She's mine only." Selena joked and Joe chuckled to himself.

"Well considering she's my fiancé I think-"

"Wait what?!" Selena happily yelled but then looked at me confused.

"I hadn't told her yet Joseph." I looked over at a confused Joe and his eyes widened at the realization.

"Oops I thought it'd be the first thing you'd say when you walked through the door." He gave me an apologetic look and then scurried towards my room with my bags. I looked back at Selena, who now had her arms crossed giving me a playfully stern look.

"Demetria. Did you go to Hawaii and get engaged and not tell me the second it happened? Have you broken the best friend code?" I lightly laughed at her seriousness before raising my left hand and showing her the ring.

"Holy shit you guys are serious?!" She exclaimed as she yanked my hand to look at the glimmering diamonds on my hand.

"Yes." I laughed as she examined the ring in awe.

"I'm so happy for you guys!" She pulled me into a tight hug and soon Joe had made his way back towards us with a wide grin.

"Congratulations Joe." Selena said and pulled him into a hug.

"Thank you. I'm pretty lucky if I do say so myself." He smiled over at me as he released the hug he and Selena shared.

"So when's the wedding? Do your parents know? Who's gonna be maid of honor?-"

"Obviously you Sel." I cut off her ranting and laughed at her excitement.

"Yay! Luckily I'm the best-est  best friend ever and I've already started a guest lists since we were ten."

"You mean the one that involves invites for our stuffed teddy bears?" I teased and she rolled her eyes in response.

"Maybe. Don't act like you don't want Mr. Cuddles at your wedding." She joked causing Joe and I to laugh.

"I think we should actually tell at least our parents first before smacking everyone with invites." I suggested and Selena gasped dramatically.

"I'm the first person you guys told? I feel so special." She wiped a pretend tear and I playfully rolled my eyes at her act.

"Yes you were. Enjoy your moment to feel special."

"So when are you guys gonna tell your parents?"

"Well tonight actually. We're having dinner with all of the family to catch up and then announce the news. Which also includes you so pretend to be surprised." Joe answered for me and I nodded in agreement.

"Speaking of which shouldn't you be getting ready mister?" I looked up at him knowingly. If anyone would be late to this dinner because of procrastinating, it'd be Joe.

"Yes but I don't wanna leave you." He pouted and I "awed" before the sounds of Selena pretending to puke made us all laugh.

"You two are so cringe worthy ." She laughed before leaving to let us say our goodbyes and also to start getting ready.