Chapter 1

"Demi can you get that?" Selena asked as she continued to watch the movie.

"Because what you're doing is so important." I sarcastically replied and got up from the couch. I went to the door and opened it to see...him. Standing sheepishly he smiled as soon as his eyes met mine.

"Joe?"

"Hey Dems."

"W-what are you doing here?" I stammered and stepped outside, closing the door behind me.

"I wanted to apologize for-..."

"There's nothing to apologize for. There's nothing you can do or say to change it. It's in the past." I said, folding my arms over my chest. I promised myself I wouldn't let him trick me again with another fake apology.

"Look I made a mistake and I want you to know that." He went for my hand but I pulled it out of his reach.

"Mistake or not. It's not going to change anything Joe. I hate you. You can't fix what you ruined."

"I want to try."

"I have to go. Bye Joe." I went back inside, slamming the door behind me.

"Who was it?" Jennie asked.

"N-no one." I said and went to my room. Why? Why would he come back after a year of us not even speaking? He didn't feel the need to apologize this whole time, why now had he decided to?

I laid down, hiding my face in the warm blankets. I can't let him back in. I won't let him back in. He destroyed me. He knew everything there was possible to know and he shattered me.

~Selena' P.O.V~

"I'll talk to her." I said to Jennie as Demi stormed to her room. Demi was always going to be my closest friend and it was well known that the only person that would ever be able to figure her out now was me. I made my way to her door and lightly knocked before entering the room.

"Go away. I'm not in the mood." she said before I could say a word.

"What's wrong Demi?" I asked and laid down next to her. She buried her face further into the blankets.

"I'm fine."

"Then why are you pouting?"

"I'm not pouting."

"Yes you are. Now tell me before I get Jennie." I playfully threatened. Still not even a small crack of a smile was seen on her upset face. Though I wanted to keep asking until she gave up I knew it wasn't the way to go at things anymore. I knew that she would flip out on me and then feel so guilty she'd think about relapsing and that was everything we didn't want.

"I don't care." She huffed and I knew I couldn't continue to push her or she would lash out and possibly do things she'd regret. I decided to make light of the situation and focus on getting her to smile and so I stuck to my childish threat from before.

"Okay fine. Jennie!" I shouted for the younger roommate.

~Jennie P.O.V~

"Yes?" I said and walked into Demi's room after hearing Selena yell for me.

"Demi's being a baby and won't tell me what's wrong." Selena said.

"I think the only baby here is you." I mumbled and walked over to Demi.

"Start talking chick."

"Go away. Sel get out my bed before I push you out." She said. Sharing an understanding look with Selena, I knew the only way to get Demi out of her current mood was being childish until she smiled.