Chapter 9: Step 1-Reconcile (3)

"Ruki?" she looked at him.

"So this is where you are? and with him?" he flashed a smile to both of them, even though Reiji knew it wasn't a very welcoming one.

"Is there a problem with that?" Reiji asked

"Not at all" he took a seat on the lefts beside Yui.

The waiter came and asked him, what'll be his drinks.

"A cup of black coffee" the waiter went back to the station, to prepare his drink.

"So, what brings you all in here?" Ruki asked.

"Oh, Reiji offered me to have a drink and what he meant is not alcohol, but tea, also to know more about me" she blushed at the last part.

"hm...how interesting...." he said.

As they didn't spoke anymore, Yui only look at the empty tea cup, they didn't talk for a while until, the waiter arrived to give out Ruki's order.

"But i didn't order this" she told the waiter

"I did, it's your favorite right?" Ruki smiled at her

"oh right..thanks Ruki" she smiled at him, the waiter left, leaving the three to enjoy the silence and their drinks

thanks Ruki" she smiled at him, the waiter left, leaving the three to enjoy the silence and their drinks

"So, how far have you known her?" he said, sipping on the black coffee

"more than you" Reiji tried to hold his anger at him, he probably got upset about him ordering for me.

"is that so?"

"absolutely" the tension was intense, even Yui could feel their cold glares.

'it was obvious that the both of them look irritated, not to mention when Kou told me that everyone joined in competing on who's the first one found me, maybe they're not interest? They seemed to be arguing about Ruki's ordering a drink for me' she thought.

While it was silent, a very awkward silence, probably 2 or 3 sentence being said by them, Yui was caught off by her own mind, especially about the day when Ruki said about something to Ayato.

Flashback

There only left Ruki and Ayato,as Ruki passed by Ayato, he whispered

"I won't hand her to the likes of you" then Ayato also whispered.

"Likewise...and welcome to hell" they both disappeared

Flashback end

'Then again, when i looked at the atmosphere, the Mukami's had a hint of no anger, but amused when they looked at the Sakamakis, they manage to conceal it from the others. Now that i looked at it, why haven't my parents called, or even contacted me? Why does my head hurts everytime i tried to remember something from the past?' she thought

Since she wanted to avoid getting her head hurt, she manage to calm herself back, and asked them about today's occurrence especially what they would say or what opinions would they say about the competition they held.

"so...do you guys have something to say or confess towards me?"

"no, i suppose not,"

"i have no other words today now, why?"

"perhaps....a competition going on?" the two flinched, almost chocking to their own throat. 

"......"

"no? well, Kou talked to me before Reiji invited me," IYuitried to hold of the laughter, especially when she could see sweats started to form on their forehead.

"he said that I was the main price of this very special competition, i don't know the details but"

"he said that everyone is attending to this competition...am i right?" they tried to say their words out, but they couldn't not when Yui is at the edge of getting herself crossed.

"y-yes...." You never seen them like this, especially when they are the perfect kind of people, who would control their emotions especially when they are around a lot of people.

"well?"

"What you say is overall true and mostly you're guessing is also correct, but" Reiji stated, he drank his cup rather quickly.

"but we were doing this for you, we don't want anything about the price, we just want for you to be protected" Yui didn't believe any about it, they wanted to join in, but they were to shy so say it.

"Well...i guess..."

"Ah~Little bunny~ you're here~" Laito came in to the cafe and went straight to Yui's side. 

"Laito?"

"Yahoo~ Laito is here and wants to take little miss bunny to go out with me" he hugged her from behind

"who do you think you area? We haven't even spent an hour with her" Reiji said, with Ruki nodded in agreement.

"Too bad~ and besides, bunny here started to get really bored with the two of you" He grabbed her wrist and teleported, leaving the two dumbfounded boys

"Is she going to be fine with him?" Ruki asked, he was definitely concerned about leaving Yui all alone with him

"He's a pervert, but I'm sure she can handle him....tea?" he asked, grabbing the teapot to pour himself.

"No thank you, i prefer to have this instead of those" he drank his almost emptied cappuccino.

--

A/N: Sorry about this chapter because it was too short, but i promised i'll make the next chapter a little bit more longer. Since tomorrow i start my school again, i'll probably manage to update after a week longer, but it all depends on my other activities. So thanks one again for those of you who read this story, also don't forget to vote and comment, and for those who would like to share their ideas to this story, i'm all open.

Preview:

Yui....do you believe on second chances?

Would you care to dance with me?

Azusa what's wrong?

I guess i gave up....since she loves someone else, and i want her to be happy. If she's happy then i'm happy too

You got something on your cheek

so that's it, and see you next week or so

SwanDarling17