Chapter 40: Water

The lightsaber room. That's where we were hiding. I texted both Evie and Tony several times, asking if they were okay, but neither answered.

When we had gotten to the lightsaber room, Harry set Diamond down, and without hesitating I plunged the giant needle into where I could only assume was the heart with out even explaining what I was doing.

Now we were simply waiting in terror, minutes feeling like hours, waiting for a reaction.

"Harry?" I asked.

We were alone near Diamond. David, Evalynn and Thomas were all crouched around Derek.

"Yeah?" he placed a warm hand on my shoulder.

"Did you know that Jamie had a clone here?"

Silence.

"Harry!" I said loudly.

"No."

"You're lying." I said hotly, tears blurring my vision.

"Skylar..." Harry's voice sounded injured.

"Why didn't you tell me?!" I shouted.

From across the room, David looked up. "Sky, whats the matter?"

"Did you know too?!" I shouted. "Did you all know that Jamie had a clone?"

Evalynn's face broke. "Skylar, we thought it would be best not to tell you."

"Why? Did you think I couldn't handle it?"

"Skylar, you jumped into a class four river rapids when he died!" There was a sharp intake of breath from Harry when Evalynn said this. "We were scared that when Stacy died you would try to kill yourself again!"

"I'm not fragile!" I screamed.

"No, you're just suicidal!" She fired back.

"Hey, that's enough!" David cut in.

We were interrupted by Diamond's body sitting straight up, back arching, inhaling a huge breath. Everyone jumped, startled.

Diamond's wide eyes searched the room frantically, looking for Tony; or at least that was what I assumed.

Instead, her eyes snapped straight onto me, and inhaled a sharp breath.

I did the same. Diamond's eyes weren't her usual warm brown eyes. They seemed ungodly now. They seemed...almost blue.

"Skylar!" she gasped weakly. "Skylar, is that you?"

Everyone in the room froze, and stared at Diamond in horror.

"What's wrong with her voice?" Harry asked quietly.

I knew that voice. I would know that voice anywhere. But it couldn't possibly be...

"Skylar!" the voice coming from Diamond's body rasped again, and then I knew there was no doubt about it.

"It's not Diamond's voice." I said tightly. "It's Jamie's."

***Tony's POV

Troy stopped short. "Sí you in hell?" He repeated, confused. Then he let out a small chuckle. "Ahh. I see. I didn't get it at first. You could say I'm not the sharpest tool in the toolbox."

"No," I agreed. "But you certainly are the biggest."

Troy snarled. "Now that I understood, Antonio!"

"Question." I said, wincing as I accidentally jarred my broken wrist. "Why do you have the clone symbol on the back of your hand?"

Troy blinked. "Because I'm a clone, you fucking moron."