Chapter 6: Ice

There was good news and bad news. Good news? Apparently, Skylar was my soul mate. Bad news? She wanted nothing to do with me.

Chester was handing out fake ID's to the everyone except Derek who could use his own apparently.

"Addison Peters?" Skylar read her name off the ID card. "Not bad...wait, twenty-three? Can I pass for that?"

David glanced up at her. "You could probably pass for 17, maybe 18,"

She stared at him. "I'm 18,"

"Exactly," David nodded. "I'm twenty-three also,"

"Twenty-two," Evie pointed to Evalynn and herself.

"Twenty-one," Diamond waved her car in the air. "And my name is Kate Weaver,"

"Sarah Greene," Evie offered.

"Samantha Greene," Evalynn wrinkled her nose.

"What about you, Harry?" I looked up to see Derek looking at me. "Age?"

I glanced down at my card. "Twenty-five,"

Chester cleared his throat. "Are we ready to go? At the facility, you will be given rooms with clothing and lots of other necessities. Money won't be useful, everything you need will be supplied to you by The Anti-Forces. You ask for it, we will supply it."

"Sounds good," all the guys seemed to agree, but the girls all looked at Skylar again.

"One thing," she said.

"Anything!" Chester said excitedly, and I frowned. He seemed a little over interested in pleasing her.

"I want my sword,"

Chester frowned. "There will really be no need for-"

He was interrupted. "I don't care. I want my sword." She said firmly. I was just curious to why the hell she owned a sword.

Chester nodded. "Yes. Of course. I will have it shipped over while you are on your way,"

"And the rest of our weapons,"

'The rest?!' I thought.

He nodded. "Anything else?"

"Oh. One last thing." She held up her ID card. "I want my fake name changed from Addison Peters to Addison Shay,"

****************

Never before in my life had I been on a private jet until now, and it was awesome. Tony and I were playing Assassins Creed on an Xbox. On a private jet. David and Evie were cuddling. On a private jet. A drunk Derek was hitting on a sober Evalynn. On a private jet. Skylar was sleeping and looking like a disheveled angel. On a private jet. Diamond was reading. On a private jet. It was awesome.

We arrived in Germany 6 hours later and were put in another limo. When we arrived at the science lab, I was awestruck. It was a huge brick building, glass windows everywhere and on the front of the building, high above the many revolving doors, was huge lettering that spelled out "Streitkräfte".

"What does that translate too?" I asked, craning my neck to see it.

"Not a clue," Diamond shrugged. "I don't speak German,"

We were ushered into the building, and greeted by a thin, balding man in a lab coat who stuttered when he talked. "H-Hello, everyone! How may I be o-of assistance?"

Chester appeared behind Skylar and placed a hand on her shoulder. I stiffened as she smiled up at him. "These young people are here for the internships,"

"Ah! Y-yes, we've been looking forward to meeting them," The bald man stuck out his hand to the nearest person, who just so happened to be me, and did a double take when he noticed my lack of shirt. "H-hello, I'm Dr. Willem Howard Oswald. And you must be...?"

"Uh, Harry Anderson."

"And, Mr. A-A-Anderson, what branch of research are you here interning for?"

I blinked, confused. Chester had not gone over this part with us. But thankfully, as Dr. Oswald stared at me from behind his thick glasses, Chester spoke up. "Mr. Anderson, and Mr. Masen are here to learn and intern in the cloning labs. Mr. Fox, and both Ms. Greene's are here to intern in disease and virus facility and Mr.Sparks, Ms. Weaver and Ms. Shay are here to intern in the new clinic of genetics,"

"Very well. The f-four boys can dorm together in room 22B, down the left h-h-hallway, and up the stairs. The girls can dorm in room 24A down the right h-hallway, and up the s-stairs. I think you will find the rooms to y-your liking,"

I glanced at Derek, who shrugged and we started walking down the hallway, talking about our predicament. "Do you believe any of this?" I asked.

He shrugged again. "Evie's body really seemed to be in flames. You really seemed to freeze that water, and I'm sure that metal just stopped mid air for no reason at all."

I sighed. "And the soul mates thing?"

He glanced back as the girls disappeared down the right hallway. "I don't know, but I sure hope it's true. I've been in love with Evalynn forever,"

I saw Skylar's face in the back of my mind when she saw me for the first time getting back in November. I had told her I was sorry, and that I still loved her. She turned to face me, and gave me the oddest look. It was a mixture of happiness and sadness. She seemed happy at first when I told her I loved her. But then when she looked at me for a little while longer and something seemed to dawn on her, she said no, and walked away. I didn't know it then, but I now know what had been wrong that day. Someone from behind her tells her that he loves her. She had turned around,  expecting Jamie. But it was me. It had just taken her a few seconds to realize I wasn't the one she wanted anymore.