Chapter 22: Air

So I figure every few chapters, and by few, I mean a lot, I'll throw in a special chapter narrated by one of the girls, instead of just part of a chapter. 1) I kinda have to for this part and 2) I miss writing from girls points of views. This one is in Evalynn's point of view. So enjoy.

As soon as I entered the main room to our dorm, sat down on a couch and closed my eyes, the door was flung wide open again.

"Oh shit," I heard Evie murmur.

I opened my eyes just in time to see Diamond's hand within inches of my face. My life flashed before my eyes as 128 pounds of pure rage, grief, and increased strength slapped me across the face so hard, I was spun off the couch and onto the floor.

Dazed, and seeing stars, I let out a small groan. I was then viciously yanked up by my shirt collar, and spun to face Diamond. Before I even had time to think, let alone say anything, I was punched so hard in the gut, I couldn't breathe, which is saying something for me.

"Diamond," I wheezed, doubled over. "Take it easy."

"Take it easy?!" I heard her snarl in a voice a couple octaves deeper than her own. That's when I knew I was in deep shit. Diamond was always very calm and sweet, and after she had mastered battle mode, there was only one time she had went into it; when we had all gotten bored and wanted to see who was the strongest in battle mode. It her. So seeing as she was in it now, I was basically doomed.

"Diamond, please." I gasped, regaining my breath. "I did it for Tony's own good."

"You don't know anything about us!" she thundered. I was thrown backwards into the wall, and I winced as my head collided with it. "You should have stayed out of our relationship!"

She started towards me, and I looked up at Evie in a panic. "Help?"

She looked at Diamond. "You kidding? I'm not getting involved in that! She almost broke my arm last time!"

"Skylar?" I begged.

But I was greeted with a stony glare. "You shouldn't have done that, Evalynn. I agree with Diamond."

"But she doesn't-" That was all the further I got until Diamond picked me up and threw me again.

"Yes, I do!" She bellowed.

By now, my world was spinning. I was thrown so far and hard, my head felt like it was split in two. I staggered to my feet, and started to enter battle mode myself, but was stopped halfway through when Diamond swung her fist at me.

I neatly ducked, and then ran straight forward, and tackled her to the ground. We landed with a thud that shook the whole room and dented the hardwood floor, and I immediately regretted putting all my super strength behind that tackle.

"Then why do you never say it?!" I snarled back at her. I swiftly entered battle mode, and launched myself back off of her. I did a back flip, and landed gently on my feet.

She lunged herself at me, but I jumped swiftly into the air, higher than she could reach, propelling myself up with the aid of my element.

"Coward," she spat at me.

I went ballistic. I landed on top of her, and we both began throwing punches, slapping, clawing and kicking at each other.

The next thing I knew, I was pinned to the ground, her knees on my chest. We were both out of breath, and I realized she was out of battle mode. Her cheek was bleeding from where I had scratched her, although I knew it would soon be healed. My cheek still stung, and my head felt like my axe was buried in it.

"You want to know why I never tell Tony that I love him first?" she shouted at me.

I nodded, and from my position on the floor, I could see Skylar and Evie staring at us in awe.

"Because I'm afraid..." she stopped and took a shaky breath. "Because I'm afraid I'm not going to hear it back."

I felt like she had slapped me again. Here was my best friend, who would've done anything for me, and I went and ruined her relationship all because I couldn't keep my nose out of her business. "Diamond, you think Tony doesn't love you?" I asked incredulously.

"Well I know he does. But I don't know why. And I keep thinking that someday, he's gonna wake up and not know why either. So that's why I wait for him to say it first."

"Di, I don't think Tony will ever stop loving you." Skylar butted in. "The way he looks at you..." she drifted off.

"It's like the way Jamie looked at Skylar," I heard myself say at the same time Evie said, "It's like the way Harry watches Skylar,"

There was an awkward silence for a few seconds, as I turned red and Skylar's mouth opened and closed like a fish.

We were then saved from the awkward silence by a knock at the door. Diamond jumped off of me, and ran over to answer it. I was right behind her when she flung it open, and I nearly fainted then and there.

There were two people standing outside our doorway. The one furthest back was Harry, and he looked terrified. The one in front of him was Bryner; and she looked pissed.