Chapter 30: Lightning

The room, as expected, went into silence.

"Kissing?" Evalynn echoed.

I nodded firmly. "Kissing."

"Well was it a peck, like a brotherly kiss?" Derek suggested.

Tony snorted. "There was an awful lot of tongue for a brotherly kiss."

I watched Skylar carefully, but she just laid back on the couch and stared up at the ceiling. "Is she awake?" I asked.

"Yeah, she's just wasted." Evie waved her hand impatiently. "But Chester is cheating on Skylar?! And why would he have the nerve to-Hey!"

Harry roughly shoved Evie to the side, and I dashed forward to catch her. "Where are you going, Harry?" I asked.

"To kill Chestnut!" he roared. He yanked the door open, but Diamond grabbed his arm, and made him face her.

A chill ran up my spine as I looked up at Harry's face, Evie still in my arms. His normally warm caramel brown eyes were almost black, and there was an icy look to them.

"Let go of me," Harry snarled into Diamond's face.

"No," she said forcefully. "You're going to regret this."

"Pretty damn sure I won't!" He started to tug his arm away, but she held on tight.

"You're not thinking straight! You'll just be in more trouble!"

"Don't make me hurt you, Dirt-Girl!" Harry spat at her.

"Is he in battle mode?" I whispered to Evie, who nodded frantically.

"I'd like to see you try, Ice Queen!" Diamond fired back, tightening her grip on his arm. "While you have no increased strength, I have enough to kick your muscular butt all the way to Mars and back, even with you in battle mode!"

"Di, no!" Evie suddenly shouted, terrified.

But she was too late. My stomach dropped. I didn't know how Evie knew it, but our increased strength had kicked in today. But Diamond hadn't known that.

Tony launched himself forward as Harry's palm came smashing down on top of Diamond's shoulder. Diamond fell to the ground, and lay there, eyes closed.

Evie and Evalynn scrambled forward to help her, but Derek and I seemed rooted to the ground in shock.

Tony snarled something unintelligible, and made a grab for Harry, but he was already down the hallway.

"That sick son of a bitch!" Tony shouted.

"It's not totally his fault! You nearly killed Diamond when you were in battle mode too!" Evalynn snapped. "And me as well," I heard her mutter under her breath.

"David," Skylar happily bounced over to me. "David, I'm so happy. There will be dancing tonight. Lots and lots of dancing. With Chester." she then giggled.

"Skylar..." Evalynn pinched the bridge of her nose. "Skylar, go take a shower. That should help to sober you up a little bit."

"Okay." Skylar said brightly. She turned and half skipped into the bathroom area.

"God, she's so happy when she's drunk. She's like a little kid." Evalynn said.

"Yeah, and you're her mother." Evie giggled.

"Ouch." Diamond's eyes fluttered open, and Tony gave a huge sigh of relief.

Diamond tried to sit up, and Tony half shoved the twins out of the way to help her. "Ouch," she repeated. "Did Harry hit me?"

"Yes." Tony said bitterly.

"Okayy..." Diamond said slowly. "So if Harry can knock me out, how much damage do you idiots thinks he can do to Chester?" she gave everyone a pointed look, and then suddenly it hit us all.

"We'll take care of Skylar, you guys get Harry!" Evalynn ordered. "Go, go, go!"

Derek, Tony and myself ran down the hallway after Harry, my hands sparking with electricity, causing the lights above to flicker and pop.