Chapter 2: Ice(Harry)

The left side of my head exploded with pain as Skylar's fist smashed into it with surprising force for a girl her size. I fell to the ground, stunned.

"Damn, Sky!" Tony said. "You sure can pack a punch!"

"Shut up, Sparks!" I snarled. I quickly stood back up, as Skylar and everyone else brushed past me.

The only person to stay behind was David. He was shorter and skinnier than me, but I knew he hated me. "You should stay away from Skylar," he crossed his arms in an attempt to look tougher.

"Look, I'm just trying to get her back!" I said, desperately. "I miss her, I..I still love her,"

David's mean expression didn't change, but he took a step closer. "She doesn't love you anymore, Harry,"

"And you would know that because she tells you everything?" I challenged.

"I know that because she's still reeling from the death of her last boyfriend, Jamie!"

I took a step backwards. "What?"

"Yeah. That's why she punched you, hotshot. You poked fun at a dead boyfriend."

"I didn't know! I just thought it was some fling or something!"

"Didn't you ever notice that ring she wears, Harry? It's from him,"

"They were engaged?" I was feeling more and more like an asshole by the second.

"Well they were gonna be. But then he died. And YOU aren't helping with her coping," David jabbed a finger into my chest.

I grabbed his finger. "Don't touch me," I growled.

David's eyes widened, and he grimaced. "Your hands are cold," he said lamely.

"Yeah, so?" I challenged. I bent his finger a little, and he jumped.

He ripped his hand out of my grip, and looked at it awestruck. "Dude, you...you...." He looked up at me.

"What?" I looked at his finger. It was encased in a thick layer of ice.

"Dude, you froze my finger!"

"No way, that couldn't have been me!" I scoffed.

David gave me a sour look, and brushed past me. I rolled my eyes, and started for the auditorium where the graduation ceremony was being held, but I was stopped by a man in a black suit who was even taller and thicker than I was. "Excuse me, kid?"

"Yeah, what do you want?" The guy was wearing Ray-Bans, an earpiece and I could see the bulge of a gun in his coat pocket. His head was bald, and he had a walkie talkie strapped to his waist.

"Are you Harry Anderson?"

"Yeah, what's it to ya? What are you, some sort of secret service guy?"

"But you are Harry Caine Anderson?"

"Yes, I just said that. Why?" I was annoyed, and just a little intimidated by this guy.

"I'm afraid you'll have to come with me, kid," the guy took a hold of my arm.

"I'm afraid not," I said. I tried to rip my arm out of the guys grip, but he held on tight.

"C,mon, kid. Don't make me do this the hard way,"

"Oh, so this is the easy way?!" I laughed. "What's the hard way like?" That was the last thing I said before the guy jammed a tranquilizer into my leg.